I am going to Anchorage and Fairbanks in October 2-6 in hopes to see the wales, fishing salmon, and most important see the northern lights. Would I be able to accomplish my goals (desires)? or should I pick another time to go? I am already disappointed because there will be no trains running at that time, and I wanted to take the train from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Can I drive then?
Alaska in October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 2 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 3 Where to from Tampa?
- 4 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 5 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 8 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 9 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 10 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 11 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 12 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 13 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 14 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 15 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 16 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 17 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 18 Is the New York subway safe?
- 19 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 20 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 21 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 22 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 23 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 24 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 25 Skiing New Mexico