We will be in Alaska Thanksgiving week with the primary purpose being to visit my brother, who is stationed at Fort Richardson and will have just returned from Afghanistan. I know it will be absolutely freezing and tours/tourist activities will be shut down. With that in mind, I'm wondering if anyone who has been there at that time or any locals might have some ideas to share as far as fun winter activities. We are staying in Anchorage, near the University. Thank you!
Alaska in November
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 5 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 8 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 11 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 12 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 13 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 16 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 17 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York