Our family if 2 girls (ages 12 and 8), their grandma and us will be flying into Anchorage in Aug. we enjoy hiking and the outdoors. after 1 night in Anchorage we would like to drive to Seward and spend 2 nights there. We then plan to drive up to Denali and spend 3 nights there. On the way back we are thinking of driving to Valdez and taking the ferry to Cordova spending 1 night and returning to Anchorage through Whittier. Please advise if this itinerary makes sense in terms of sequence of places bring visited and days planned per city. Valdez and Whittier seem to be the only ways to get to Cordova. Is that an accurate assumption ? We are considering driving up to Fairbanks to attempt to see the northern lights if it makes sense. Please advise if we should fit any other must-do item on our list.
Alaska family vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 3 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 7 trains in Europe
- 8 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 9 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 10 USA trip
- 11 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 12 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 13 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 14 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 15 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 16 Washington DC in Spring?
- 17 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 18 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 19 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 20 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 21 NBA tickets??
- 22 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 23 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 24 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 25 Alaskan coast travel options