We are going on a cruise on August 22 from Vancouver to Seward Alaska for 7 days and then on land for 3 days. We are seniors but are active and able to do lots. Our ship will stop in Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, and Skagway. Any ideas as to what to do at each of these places while in port? The ship is docked for the day. After the cruise ends at Seward we plan to catch the train and go onto Denali National Park. We will be staying the night in the park and spending the next day doing some tours inside the park. What do you suggest we do while in the park? We will then go onto Anchorage and stay the night and then fly home to Michigan. Any suggestions you have for us would be appreciated. This is our first trip to Alaska and our first cruise. Thank you.
Alaska cruise and land
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 moving to florida
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 4 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 5 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 6 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 7 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 8 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 9 Boston/Salem with kids
- 10 Connecticut River Byway
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 13 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 14 San Diego farmer's markets
- 15 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 16 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 17 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 18 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 19 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 20 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 21 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 22 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 23 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 24 drive from SF to crater lake
- 25 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed