We are going on a cruise on August 22 from Vancouver to Seward Alaska for 7 days and then on land for 3 days. We are seniors but are active and able to do lots. Our ship will stop in Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, and Skagway. Any ideas as to what to do at each of these places while in port? The ship is docked for the day. After the cruise ends at Seward we plan to catch the train and go onto Denali National Park. We will be staying the night in the park and spending the next day doing some tours inside the park. What do you suggest we do while in the park? We will then go onto Anchorage and stay the night and then fly home to Michigan. Any suggestions you have for us would be appreciated. This is our first trip to Alaska and our first cruise. Thank you.
Alaska cruise and land
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 2 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 3 Two airports to choose from?
- 4 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 5 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 6 Road trip itinerary
- 7 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 8 layover
- 9 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 10 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 11 best area to stay in san diego
- 12 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 13 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 14 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 15 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 16 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 17 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 18 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 19 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 20 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 21 Kayaking in Kauai
- 22 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 23 San Francisco - mid October
- 24 Burlington VT day trip
- 25 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward