We (my husband and 5y/o) are flying this month to Alaska arriving on a Friday night and leaving 10 days later on Monday night.
This is what is set already:
On Wednesday morning we are flying from Anchorage to Brooke's Camp (Katmai) and coming back Friday night.
So we have Saturday to Tuesday at the beginning of our trip and Saturday to Monday at the end of our trip to decide where to go. This is what is not set:
We are thinking of renting a car and driving to Denali on that first Saturday, drive back on Tuesday, so we can take our flight Wednesday morning to Brooke's camp.
When we come back from Brooks Camp, we would drive on Saturday morning to Seward and drive back to Anchorage on Monday for our flight back home Monday night.
How does this sound? Too much? Should we spend some time in Anchorage? Or go some place else?
Have you camped in Denali or did you find convenient lodging just outside the park?
Have you been to Brooke's camp (we are camping there) with a young child?
Any suggestions on Seward?
I would appreciate any advise you can provide. We have done many National parks before, my son can handle 3-4mile hike and camping. Alaska seems a different story though, so I want to see what you guys have to say.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 2 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 3 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 4 Miami
- 5 NYC Limo rental services quest
- 6 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 7 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 8 March in New Mexico
- 9 Driving Alaska
- 10 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 11 Back from the Big Easy
- 12 Border crossing
- 13 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 14 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 15 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 16 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 17 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 18 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 19 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 20 Cross country tips
- 21 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 22 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 23 Ideas for New York
- 24 Parka in PA during February?
- 25 Restaurants in the San Francisco area