We (my husband and 5y/o) are flying this month to Alaska arriving on a Friday night and leaving 10 days later on Monday night.
This is what is set already:
On Wednesday morning we are flying from Anchorage to Brooke's Camp (Katmai) and coming back Friday night.
So we have Saturday to Tuesday at the beginning of our trip and Saturday to Monday at the end of our trip to decide where to go. This is what is not set:
We are thinking of renting a car and driving to Denali on that first Saturday, drive back on Tuesday, so we can take our flight Wednesday morning to Brooke's camp.
When we come back from Brooks Camp, we would drive on Saturday morning to Seward and drive back to Anchorage on Monday for our flight back home Monday night.
How does this sound? Too much? Should we spend some time in Anchorage? Or go some place else?
Have you camped in Denali or did you find convenient lodging just outside the park?
Have you been to Brooke's camp (we are camping there) with a young child?
Any suggestions on Seward?
I would appreciate any advise you can provide. We have done many National parks before, my son can handle 3-4mile hike and camping. Alaska seems a different story though, so I want to see what you guys have to say.
Alaska 10 days, can I fit in Katmai, Denali and Seward?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 2 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 7 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 8 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 9 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 21 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 22 A day in Dallas
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 Door County Suggestions