We (my husband and 5y/o) are flying this month to Alaska arriving on a Friday night and leaving 10 days later on Monday night.
This is what is set already:
On Wednesday morning we are flying from Anchorage to Brooke's Camp (Katmai) and coming back Friday night.
So we have Saturday to Tuesday at the beginning of our trip and Saturday to Monday at the end of our trip to decide where to go. This is what is not set:
We are thinking of renting a car and driving to Denali on that first Saturday, drive back on Tuesday, so we can take our flight Wednesday morning to Brooke's camp.
When we come back from Brooks Camp, we would drive on Saturday morning to Seward and drive back to Anchorage on Monday for our flight back home Monday night.
How does this sound? Too much? Should we spend some time in Anchorage? Or go some place else?
Have you camped in Denali or did you find convenient lodging just outside the park?
Have you been to Brooke's camp (we are camping there) with a young child?
Any suggestions on Seward?
I would appreciate any advise you can provide. We have done many National parks before, my son can handle 3-4mile hike and camping. Alaska seems a different story though, so I want to see what you guys have to say.
Alaska 10 days, can I fit in Katmai, Denali and Seward?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 2 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 3 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 4 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 5 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 6 New Orleans help please
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 9 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 10 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 16 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 19 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 22 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 23 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 24 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 25 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts