We (my husband and 5y/o) are flying this month to Alaska arriving on a Friday night and leaving 10 days later on Monday night.
This is what is set already:
On Wednesday morning we are flying from Anchorage to Brooke's Camp (Katmai) and coming back Friday night.
So we have Saturday to Tuesday at the beginning of our trip and Saturday to Monday at the end of our trip to decide where to go. This is what is not set:
We are thinking of renting a car and driving to Denali on that first Saturday, drive back on Tuesday, so we can take our flight Wednesday morning to Brooke's camp.
When we come back from Brooks Camp, we would drive on Saturday morning to Seward and drive back to Anchorage on Monday for our flight back home Monday night.
How does this sound? Too much? Should we spend some time in Anchorage? Or go some place else?
Have you camped in Denali or did you find convenient lodging just outside the park?
Have you been to Brooke's camp (we are camping there) with a young child?
Any suggestions on Seward?
I would appreciate any advise you can provide. We have done many National parks before, my son can handle 3-4mile hike and camping. Alaska seems a different story though, so I want to see what you guys have to say.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 2 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 3 Downtown Chicago
- 4 Transfers from Newark airport hotels to New York cruise terminal
- 5 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 6 Vasectomy Procedure Beverly Hills
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 9 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 10 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 11 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 12 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 13 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 14 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 15 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 16 Nashville Questions
- 17 Summer vacation
- 18 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 19 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 20 First Trip to Texas -
- 21 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 22 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 23 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 24 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 25 Driving to Naples fl