We (my husband and 5y/o) are flying this month to Alaska arriving on a Friday night and leaving 10 days later on Monday night.
This is what is set already:
On Wednesday morning we are flying from Anchorage to Brooke's Camp (Katmai) and coming back Friday night.
So we have Saturday to Tuesday at the beginning of our trip and Saturday to Monday at the end of our trip to decide where to go. This is what is not set:
We are thinking of renting a car and driving to Denali on that first Saturday, drive back on Tuesday, so we can take our flight Wednesday morning to Brooke's camp.
When we come back from Brooks Camp, we would drive on Saturday morning to Seward and drive back to Anchorage on Monday for our flight back home Monday night.
How does this sound? Too much? Should we spend some time in Anchorage? Or go some place else?
Have you camped in Denali or did you find convenient lodging just outside the park?
Have you been to Brooke's camp (we are camping there) with a young child?
Any suggestions on Seward?
I would appreciate any advise you can provide. We have done many National parks before, my son can handle 3-4mile hike and camping. Alaska seems a different story though, so I want to see what you guys have to say.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://onlinehealthmarkets.com/virplexin/
- 2 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 3 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 4 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 5 Venice, CA area
- 6 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 7 Rhode Island Get Away
- 8 New England Tour
- 9 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 10 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 11 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 12 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 13 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 14 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 15 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 16 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 17 Adirondacks trip repot
- 18 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 21 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 22 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 23 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 24 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 25 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?