My husband and I are hoping to take our twin 16-year old boys to Alaska this summer sometime during June 21-July 5. We haven't decided how many days yet, but are thinking 10-12 days including travel time from our home near Denver. We enjoy doing active things like fishing, rafting, kayaking. Some hiking is would be good, but not too much. We would like to see some wildlife as well...bears, orcas, etc. The Kenai peninsula looks like an ideal place to do some of these activities. I'm looking for an itinerary recommendation. Are there any lodges there that would be good to use as a base for these activities? Some of our favorite vacations in the past have been stays at eco lodges in Costa Rica. Is there an Alaskan equivalent in Kenai peninsula? In addition to the Kenai peninsula, where should we go? I am interested in Denali as well, but a little concerned about the travel time investment to get there and back.
Alaska-10-12 day itineray for family with 2-16 year olds
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Richmond highlights?
- 2 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Broadway this week
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 10 Weekend in NYC
- 11 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 12 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 13 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 14 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 15 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 16 New York, New York...
- 17 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 18 trains in Europe
- 19 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 20 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 21 USA trip
- 22 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 23 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 24 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 25 Cedar Point / Put In Bay