My husband and I are hoping to take our twin 16-year old boys to Alaska this summer sometime during June 21-July 5. We haven't decided how many days yet, but are thinking 10-12 days including travel time from our home near Denver. We enjoy doing active things like fishing, rafting, kayaking. Some hiking is would be good, but not too much. We would like to see some wildlife as well...bears, orcas, etc. The Kenai peninsula looks like an ideal place to do some of these activities. I'm looking for an itinerary recommendation. Are there any lodges there that would be good to use as a base for these activities? Some of our favorite vacations in the past have been stays at eco lodges in Costa Rica. Is there an Alaskan equivalent in Kenai peninsula? In addition to the Kenai peninsula, where should we go? I am interested in Denali as well, but a little concerned about the travel time investment to get there and back.
Alaska-10-12 day itineray for family with 2-16 year olds
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 5 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 9 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 10 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 11 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 12 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 13 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 16 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 17 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 20 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 21 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 22 Jersey City Parking
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Washington DC Metro
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,