My husband and I are hoping to take our twin 16-year old boys to Alaska this summer sometime during June 21-July 5. We haven't decided how many days yet, but are thinking 10-12 days including travel time from our home near Denver. We enjoy doing active things like fishing, rafting, kayaking. Some hiking is would be good, but not too much. We would like to see some wildlife as well...bears, orcas, etc. The Kenai peninsula looks like an ideal place to do some of these activities. I'm looking for an itinerary recommendation. Are there any lodges there that would be good to use as a base for these activities? Some of our favorite vacations in the past have been stays at eco lodges in Costa Rica. Is there an Alaskan equivalent in Kenai peninsula? In addition to the Kenai peninsula, where should we go? I am interested in Denali as well, but a little concerned about the travel time investment to get there and back.
Alaska-10-12 day itineray for family with 2-16 year olds
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dont rent a car from Buchbinder car rental if you go Europe
- 2 New York city--best time to visit??
- 3 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 6 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 7 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 8 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 9 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 12 General Utah planning questions
- 13 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 14 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 15 Maui Luau?
- 16 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 19 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 20 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 21 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Boston area -- nature
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)