I just returned from a week in Maui. Had a super time! The only disappointment was the trip out. I had a flight out of San Francisco at 8:55am. They switched to a smaller plane and bumped 50 of us. I was one of those 50 (involuntarily) All they offered was a lousy $100 voucher (United) I asked for a free ticket and they said "we don't do that anymore" I was so mad!! They also promised free unlimited cocktails, I got 1!
On top of all this the airline staff was rude and unacommodating. They put us on the 11:00am flight, which was delayed until 1:00pm! I was literally robbed of a day on Maui!
Any suggestions on how to handle this!! I was going to write a letter to the airline. Another passenger was also put off by this and said she would sign my letter. I feel I deserve AT LEAST 1 free round trip ticket to Maui.
Airline bumping on Hawaii flights
- 1 RIP Judy Rogers
- 2 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 3 Boston area
- 4 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 5 Savanah Sojourn
- 6 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 9 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 10 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 11 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 12 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 15 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 16 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 17 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 18 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 19 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 20 Warm and don't Drive
- 21 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 22 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 23 Rockport, MA dining?
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Princeville in January