I'm seeking a place in the US (some place preferably warmish) to go on a affordable retreat/vacation. I'm open to many options but would love a place where I can do any of the following: horseback ride, do art, spiritual exploration, workshops esp involving personal growth and/or healing, swimming with wild dolphins, relax, read, eat healthy, gentle exercise, trail hikes etc (I have chronic fatigue syndrome so I'm looking for a place that is fairly low key and relaxing). I normally love adventure and being active, but while I recover from cfs I need a calmer atmosphere, tho I would like to do some kind of movement in moderation. I also want to be in community. I'd love to stay for two weeks or longer but I'm on a budget as I'm not currently working. I also have been saving air miles for over a decade so a place that accepts payment in air miles would be a total bonus -- not sure if that even exists. Bec I'll be travelling alone and I have health issues I would rather stay in the US (I live in Canada) rather than experience any rigorous travelling to remote retreats in central America. I also need safe drinking water where the risk of infection is low (I developed cfs while travelling in Nepal and India -- think parasites. Want to avoid those). Any ideas would be greatly welcome! Thank you.
Affordable retreats, spas or ranches
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 3 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 4 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 5 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 6 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Boston/Fenway park
- 11 California self drive trip
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 14 Timeshare Nightmares
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 10 day trip to California
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 19 Drive along the Columbia River
- 20 Wine Country Picnic
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 23 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 24 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,