I'm seeking a place in the US (some place preferably warmish) to go on a affordable retreat/vacation. I'm open to many options but would love a place where I can do any of the following: horseback ride, do art, spiritual exploration, workshops esp involving personal growth and/or healing, swimming with wild dolphins, relax, read, eat healthy, gentle exercise, trail hikes etc (I have chronic fatigue syndrome so I'm looking for a place that is fairly low key and relaxing). I normally love adventure and being active, but while I recover from cfs I need a calmer atmosphere, tho I would like to do some kind of movement in moderation. I also want to be in community. I'd love to stay for two weeks or longer but I'm on a budget as I'm not currently working. I also have been saving air miles for over a decade so a place that accepts payment in air miles would be a total bonus -- not sure if that even exists. Bec I'll be travelling alone and I have health issues I would rather stay in the US (I live in Canada) rather than experience any rigorous travelling to remote retreats in central America. I also need safe drinking water where the risk of infection is low (I developed cfs while travelling in Nepal and India -- think parasites. Want to avoid those). Any ideas would be greatly welcome! Thank you.
Affordable retreats, spas or ranches
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 2 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 3 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 4 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 5 September trip to Michigan
- 6 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 7 California coast: April
- 8 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 9 Road Trip
- 10 New York Yankee Station
- 11 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 12 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 15 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 16 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 17 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 18 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 19 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 20 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 21 Roads into Estes Park
- 22 Whale watching
- 23 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 24 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 25 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?