I'm seeking a place in the US (some place preferably warmish) to go on a affordable retreat/vacation. I'm open to many options but would love a place where I can do any of the following: horseback ride, do art, spiritual exploration, workshops esp involving personal growth and/or healing, swimming with wild dolphins, relax, read, eat healthy, gentle exercise, trail hikes etc (I have chronic fatigue syndrome so I'm looking for a place that is fairly low key and relaxing). I normally love adventure and being active, but while I recover from cfs I need a calmer atmosphere, tho I would like to do some kind of movement in moderation. I also want to be in community. I'd love to stay for two weeks or longer but I'm on a budget as I'm not currently working. I also have been saving air miles for over a decade so a place that accepts payment in air miles would be a total bonus -- not sure if that even exists. Bec I'll be travelling alone and I have health issues I would rather stay in the US (I live in Canada) rather than experience any rigorous travelling to remote retreats in central America. I also need safe drinking water where the risk of infection is low (I developed cfs while travelling in Nepal and India -- think parasites. Want to avoid those). Any ideas would be greatly welcome! Thank you.
Affordable retreats, spas or ranches
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 2 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 3 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 7 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 8 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 9 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 10 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 11 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Brooklyn why?
- 14 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 15 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 16 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 17 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 19 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 24 Maui vacation
- 25 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands