I'm seeking a place in the US (some place preferably warmish) to go on a affordable retreat/vacation. I'm open to many options but would love a place where I can do any of the following: horseback ride, do art, spiritual exploration, workshops esp involving personal growth and/or healing, swimming with wild dolphins, relax, read, eat healthy, gentle exercise, trail hikes etc (I have chronic fatigue syndrome so I'm looking for a place that is fairly low key and relaxing). I normally love adventure and being active, but while I recover from cfs I need a calmer atmosphere, tho I would like to do some kind of movement in moderation. I also want to be in community. I'd love to stay for two weeks or longer but I'm on a budget as I'm not currently working. I also have been saving air miles for over a decade so a place that accepts payment in air miles would be a total bonus -- not sure if that even exists. Bec I'll be travelling alone and I have health issues I would rather stay in the US (I live in Canada) rather than experience any rigorous travelling to remote retreats in central America. I also need safe drinking water where the risk of infection is low (I developed cfs while travelling in Nepal and India -- think parasites. Want to avoid those). Any ideas would be greatly welcome! Thank you.
Affordable retreats, spas or ranches
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 6 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 7 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 8 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 9 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 10 Alaska
- 11 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 14 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 17 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 18 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 19 First family ski trip
- 20 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 21 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 22 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 23 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Chigo O'Hare layover