My husband and I are planning to retire on the east coast. Because we have so much family in California and we don't like the summer humidity, we would like to keep a condo in either California or southern Oregon. A college town would be perfect. We could rent it out to students fall through spring, and stay there in the summer when it would most likely be vacant. Because it will primarily be a rental, it can not be too expensive. Can anyone suggest a college town that's still somewhat affordable in either California or Oregon? We don't like the desert and both southern California and the bay area would be out of our range.
affordable college towns in California or Oregon
View all United States activity »
- 1 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 2 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 3 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 11 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 12 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Question about Boulder area
- 15 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 16 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 17 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 18 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 19 Biloxi questions again
- 20 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 21 Madison Square Garden
- 22 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 23 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 24 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013