My husband and I are planning to retire on the east coast. Because we have so much family in California and we don't like the summer humidity, we would like to keep a condo in either California or southern Oregon. A college town would be perfect. We could rent it out to students fall through spring, and stay there in the summer when it would most likely be vacant. Because it will primarily be a rental, it can not be too expensive. Can anyone suggest a college town that's still somewhat affordable in either California or Oregon? We don't like the desert and both southern California and the bay area would be out of our range.
affordable college towns in California or Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day trip to California
- 2 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 3 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Rafting near Denali
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 11 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 12 Kennedy Space Center
- 13 Week in October in Maine
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 16 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 17 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 18 B-Day Mini adventure
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 23 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 24 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 25 Commuting from Long Beach NY to Tarrytown NY for work, need advice HELP!