My husband and I are planning to retire on the east coast. Because we have so much family in California and we don't like the summer humidity, we would like to keep a condo in either California or southern Oregon. A college town would be perfect. We could rent it out to students fall through spring, and stay there in the summer when it would most likely be vacant. Because it will primarily be a rental, it can not be too expensive. Can anyone suggest a college town that's still somewhat affordable in either California or Oregon? We don't like the desert and both southern California and the bay area would be out of our range.
affordable college towns in California or Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy iPhone 5S gold,PS4,iPad AIR,Galaxy S4,Xperia Z1,BB Q0,Z10
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 11 Key Largo, FL
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Death Valley in June
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit