My husband and I are planning to retire on the east coast. Because we have so much family in California and we don't like the summer humidity, we would like to keep a condo in either California or southern Oregon. A college town would be perfect. We could rent it out to students fall through spring, and stay there in the summer when it would most likely be vacant. Because it will primarily be a rental, it can not be too expensive. Can anyone suggest a college town that's still somewhat affordable in either California or Oregon? We don't like the desert and both southern California and the bay area would be out of our range.
affordable college towns in California or Oregon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 3 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 4 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 9 Maui vacation
- 10 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 14 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 15 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 18 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!