My Alaska trips starts on 29th June
29th June 2.00am . Reach ANC. Rent the car and then drive to Whittier. Take the cruise 51/4 Price William sound and ten stay near Whittier(or Cooper Landing ?).
30th June(Sunday) Drive from Whittier to Talkeetna. Stay at Talkeetna.
1st July- Drive from Talkeetna to Denali.
2,3rd July Denali.
4th July - Denali to Paxson via Denali Highway
5th July Drive from Paxson to Valdez . Stay in Valdez
6th July- Drive from Valdez to MICA Guides.Do the MICA guides tour. Stay nearby.
7th July: Drive from MICA guides to ANC . Catc the flight at night 11.30pm.
Please advice if this itinerary is good,or if I am missing anything?
2) Any advice for affordable car rental, as car have booked currently is really costly.?
3) On day 1 ,shoudl I stay at Girdwood. Whittier, Cooper Landing or Seward. I mean does the drive from whittier to Seward , really worth the time spent?
Thank you so much in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Are you ticket holder?
- 2 Seaside, California
- 3 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 4 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 5 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 6 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 7 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 8 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 9 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 10 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 11 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 12 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 13 Bed and Breakfast
- 14 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 15 What car service?
- 16 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 17 Denali
- 18 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 19 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 20 Maine in May?
- 21 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 22 New Years Eve in NYC
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 25 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!