My husband and I are taking our daughter to college in mid-august and are thinking of spending a couple of days with her in Seattle beforehand. We will be arriving at Seatac airport (most likely towards mid-late afternoon). We will be renting a car, but don't know whether to do so before our stay in Seattle or after (we plan on visiting Olympic NP after dropping off daughter at college). What would you recommend? We would prefer to pick up the car after and hopefully have a hotel where we can have easy access to public transportation. The problem is that we will also have quite a bit of luggage for our daughter (coming from the other side of the country). We are traveling on some budget (yeah, college bills!) so, luxury hotels are out of the question. We do want a room that has its own bathroom, that is clean and that is relatively quiet (i.e. not facing a nightclub). We would appreciate any advice for hotel location, rental car need, etc. Thanks in advance for your help!
Advice/ recommendation needed on hotel and car rental in Seattle for August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast