We are visiting New York City in the autumn as a birthday present to me and an end of GCSE'S exams for my daughter who has always wanted to come to New York. Any advice please on safe fairly central areas to look for accomodation in and also any local tips to bear in mind. Are the subways safe to travel on in the evenings? Top tourist places to visit in the city? How much do you tip in a restaurant /taxi? Great restaurants/cafes on a budget?
Advice please on interesting/safe area to stay in NYC as a tourist
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 2 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 3 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 4 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 5 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 6 Four days in DC
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 9 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 10 3 nights in Nashville
- 11 One Night at Logan Airport
- 12 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 13 Please help with itinerary
- 14 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 15 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 16 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 17 Backpacking in April
- 18 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 19 Circle Oahu / luau
- 20 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 21 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 22 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 23 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 24 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.