My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Virginia, around early spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Virginia. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (I have been to D.C. though may stop in):
• Arlington Cemetry
• Mount Vernon
• Charlottesville (Monticello/Uni VA)
• James River Plantations
• Jamestown/Yorktown/Colonial Williamsburgh
• Shandoah NP
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Virginia… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Virginia!
- 1 Small Sofas
- 2 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 3 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 4 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 5 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 6 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 7 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 8 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 9 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 10 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 11 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 12 Trying To Find a Place
- 13 romantic colorado trip
- 14 Fourth of July Weekend
- 15 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 16 Fires in Colorado
- 17 Marcola?
- 18 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 19 Updates from Hanalei
- 20 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 21 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 22 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 23 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 24 One day in NYC
- 25 Maine mid-coast recommendations?