My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Virginia, around early spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Virginia. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (I have been to D.C. though may stop in):
• Arlington Cemetry
• Mount Vernon
• Charlottesville (Monticello/Uni VA)
• James River Plantations
• Jamestown/Yorktown/Colonial Williamsburgh
• Shandoah NP
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Virginia… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 4 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 5 Northwest Car Trip
- 6 HELP DESK LINE Yahoo MAIL techn** support TOLL FREE no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 7 HELPLINE*Yahoo technical support phn no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 8 Error Yahoo technical support phn no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 9 ANY ISSUSE CONTACT TOLL FREE NO☛☎18005406830 ☛☎ TECH SUPPORT
- 10 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 11 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 12 Northwest Passage
- 13 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 14 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 17 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 18 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 19 Sonoma
- 20 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 21 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 22 Alaska cruise
- 23 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 24 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 25 101 closure