My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seaside, California
- 2 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 3 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 4 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 5 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 6 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 7 Bed and Breakfast
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 10 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 11 What car service?
- 12 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 13 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 14 Denali
- 15 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 16 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 17 Maine in May?
- 18 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 19 New Years Eve in NYC
- 20 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 21 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 22 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 23 Cruise Ship Schedule by City
- 24 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 25 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR