My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Tennessee!
- 1 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 2 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 3 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 7 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 8 Fripp island
- 9 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 10 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 11 Hotel near Public Theater
- 12 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 13 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 14 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 15 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 16 San Antonio
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Oahu Information
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Warm and don't Drive
- 23 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 24 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 25 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?