My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Tennessee!
- 1 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 2 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 3 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 4 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 9 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 10 Rockport, MA dining?
- 11 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 12 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 13 Princeville in January
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 16 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 17 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 18 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 19 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 20 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 21 RIP Judy Rogers
- 22 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 23 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 24 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 25 hotel near Met NYC