My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 2 North Carolinas Best City for Singles in thier early 30s
- 3 Death Valley
- 4 Grand Canyon to LA
- 5 sunday night getaway between sandiego and los angles
- 6 Driving Cedar City to San Francisco
- 7 Scenic drive from Newport, RI to the Berkshires
- 8 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 9 Boston hotels
- 10 Help!! Need a Good NYC car service Please
- 11 Warning About Dollar Rent a Car in Lower Manhattan
- 12 Road trip Washington NY Boston
- 13 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 14 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 15 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 16 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 17 My CA itinerary
- 18 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 19 Retiring to Colorado
- 20 Charleston and Asheville
- 21 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 22 On the Road: from Texas to Georgia. questions about NC
- 23 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 24 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 25 5 day Colorado itinerary- anniversary trip