My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 2 10 days vacation in Maine
- 3 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 4 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 5 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 6 vashikaran +919878377317 love problem solution tantrik baba
- 7 Southern history- walkable cities
- 8 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 9 san fransisco to crater lake
- 10 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 11 Family reunion ideas
- 12 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 13 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 14 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 15 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 16 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 17 New Software
- 18 JFK-connection
- 19 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 20 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 21 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 22 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 23 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 24 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 25 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah