My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Tennessee!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Refining my California Itinerary
- 2 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 3 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 4 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 5 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 6 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 7 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 8 Oregon Road Trip
- 9 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 10 St. Simon, Georgia
- 11 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 12 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 13 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Christmas in TX
- 16 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 17 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 18 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 19 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 20 Ben Landa
- 21 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 22 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 23 Tucson area flooding
- 24 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 25 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours