My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 2 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 3 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 4 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 5 blue ridge parkway?
- 6 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 7 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 8 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 9 Wedding gifts?
- 10 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 11 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 12 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 13 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 14 Seattle Ho
- 15 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 16 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 17 November redwoods trip
- 18 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 19 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 20 First Trip to New Mexico
- 21 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 22 Southern history- walkable cities
- 23 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 24 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 25 December Vacation in Florida by Beach