My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time visit to California
- 2 Southwest US
- 3 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 4 Event Planner
- 5 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 6 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 7 Reno GTG?
- 8 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 9 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 10 Lake Powell
- 11 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 12 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 15 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 16 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 17 Car Rental in Sedona
- 18 Las Vegas show
- 19 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 20 Yellowstone weather in late May
- 21 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 22 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 23 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 24 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 25 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)