My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Tennessee!
- 1 Hotels in New Orleans
- 2 Great Beach's
- 3 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 4 Updates from Hanalei
- 5 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 6 One day in NYC
- 7 National Parks?
- 8 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 9 Death Valley in November
- 10 Columbus food !
- 11 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 12 Blue ridge parkway
- 13 Minnesota State Fair
- 14 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 15 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 16 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 17 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 18 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 19 Fires in Colorado
- 20 Seattle in July
- 21 1st trip to Los Angeles
- 22 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 23 Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
- 24 Circular road trip for 8 days from New York including Niagra Falls
- 25 Kauai Timeshare Recommendations