My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Tennessee and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Tennessee from old to new. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Shiloh Nat BF
• Great Smokies NP
So what do you think? What am I missing? I know we dont have Knoxville and Chattanooga on this list yet but (no disresepct) i wasn't sure if they were worth a stop given the limitations of time and scope of a US roadtrip. Is there any small towns that are a must to stop and have a look around in?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Tennessee… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Partial Knee Replacement Los Angeles
- 2 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 3 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 4 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 5 Safety Concerns
- 6 Which benefits are comes after using Nucific BIO X4?
- 7 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 8 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 9 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 10 fort lauderdale
- 11 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 12 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 13 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 14 Redwood National Forest
- 15 What to do in San Diego
- 16 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 17 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 18 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 19 First Trip to Texas -
- 20 5 days in Colorado
- 21 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 22 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 23 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 24 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 25 New Hampshire