Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 2 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 3 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 4 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 5 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 6 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 7 Florida in October
- 8 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 9 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 10 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 11 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 12 FLL to Key West
- 13 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 14 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 15 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 16 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 17 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 18 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 19 road trip
- 20 New England Road Trip
- 21 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 22 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 23 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 24 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 25 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
Hey North Carolinians!