Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 2 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 3 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 4 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 5 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 6 NY State Assembly Internship
- 7 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 8 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 9 Touring Hearst Castle
- 10 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 11 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 12 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 13 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 14 San Francisco
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 17 Angels Landing
- 18 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 19 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 20 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 21 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 22 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 23 Arlington funeral plans
- 24 White Christmas
- 25 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
Hey North Carolinians!