Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in North Carolina!
Hey North Carolinians!
- 1 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 2 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 3 Minneapolis Hotel
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 6 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 7 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 8 Seward to Anchorage
- 9 California, Northern
- 10 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 11 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 12 Airport luggage tamparing
- 13 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 14 New York City Parking
- 15 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 16 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 17 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 18 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 19 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 20 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 21 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 22 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 24 Washington Wineries
- 25 Southwest Florida Destination Wedding Help needed