Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas in Colorado
- 2 Hawaii and...where?
- 3 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 4 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 5 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 6 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 7 Marfa/Big Bend
- 8 usa roadtrip
- 9 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 10 DC Restaurants
- 11 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 12 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 13 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 14 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 15 JFK to Washington
- 16 Phoenix for the weekend
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 19 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 20 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 21 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 22 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 23 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 24 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 25 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
Hey North Carolinians!