Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in North Carolina!
Hey North Carolinians!
- 1 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 2 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 3 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 4 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 5 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 hotel near Met NYC
- 9 Oahu Information
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 14 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 15 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 16 Hotel near Public Theater
- 17 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 One day in Washington DC
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 22 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 23 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Key West on NYE