Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 2 Florida Beach Hotel
- 3 Late night eating in Kauai
- 4 My road trip through southern US.
- 5 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 6 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 7 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 8 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 9 Florida Nature Trip
- 10 help from a true New Yorker.
- 11 Washington DC with kids
- 12 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 13 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 14 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 15 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 16 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 17 Safety Concerns
- 18 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 19 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 20 Alaska independent tour for group
- 21 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 22 5 days in Colorado
- 23 Trip to northern California
- 24 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 25 40th in Key West
Hey North Carolinians!