Hey North Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through North Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of North Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Biltmore Estate
• The Outerbanks
I haven't included any major/large cities yet (Triangle/Charlotte) as i am not super certain about them. What do you think? As locals if you could pretend you were a 1st time visitor what wouldn't you miss in North Carolina on a US wide road trip.
Any small towns i must check out?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential NorthCarolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 2 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 3 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 4 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 5 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 6 My Maine Trip Report
- 7 Berkshires with a toddler
- 8 Vegas/California May 2016
- 9 http://newslim5forskolinhit.com/kill-shot-hack/
- 10 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 11 hilicopter tour oahu
- 12 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 13 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 14 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 15 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 16 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 17 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 18 Road trip from and back to New York
- 19 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
- 20 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 21 Nice area south of Muskegon for boating & ambience
- 22 Hoover Dam: best location for photos of the dam?
- 23 Best way to see Oahu
- 24 What area of San Diego to stay in?
- 25 CA coast road trip with kids
Hey North Carolinians!