My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Mississippi!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country RV Trip
- 2 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 3 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 4 New England September
- 5 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 6 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 7 Active Vacation
- 8 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 9 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 10 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 11 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 12 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 13 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 14 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 15 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 16 Portland, OR hotel question
- 17 Northern California in February
- 18 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 19 Mother Daughter Trip
- 20 Yosemite in Winter
- 21 Florida or caribbean
- 22 Deep South sept 2015
- 23 Orlando in March
- 24 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 25 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side