My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 2 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 3 Where to stay in NYC
- 4 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 5 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 6 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 7 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 8 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 9 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 10 A week in NYC - first timers
- 11 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..
- 12 Hawaii Trip in May
- 13 Tucson in February
- 14 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 15 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 16 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 17 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
- 18 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 19 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 20 Our first trip to Hawaii
- 21 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 22 South Padre Island for Christmas Week
- 23 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 24 Overnight stay in N Central Idaho
- 25 San Diego Airport Hotels