My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Apartments in New York
- 2 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 3 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 4 Pacific Northwest
- 5 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 6 Things to do in NYC
- 7 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 8 First time to Alaska
- 9 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 10 24 days out west
- 11 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 12 Hawaii Cruise
- 13 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 14 New York best app
- 15 BBQ
- 16 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 17 New Orleans Streetcars
- 18 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 19 Anaheim - no car
- 20 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 21 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 22 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 23 Hawaii - where?
- 24 Shenandoah National park
- 25 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e