My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1 (800) 927 2480 Recover lost data with QuickBooks
- 2 Marfa/Big Bend
- 3 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 4 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 5 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 6 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 7 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 8 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 9 Christmas in Colorado
- 10 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 11 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 12 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 13 DC Restaurants
- 14 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 15 JFK to Washington
- 16 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 17 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 18 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 19 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 20 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 21 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 22 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 23 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 24 How much time in Badlands?
- 25 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail