My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 2 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 3 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 4 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 5 North Carolina Coast
- 6 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 7 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 8 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 9 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 10 NYC with wheelchair
- 11 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 12 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 13 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 14 Hapuna beach, big island
- 15 myrtle beach
- 16 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 17 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 18 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 19 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 20 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 21 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 22 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 23 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 24 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 25 New Orleans logistics