My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Mississippi!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 2 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 3 Savannah GA
- 4 Things to do around New York
- 5 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 6 The Quarter, Frog City, and elsewhere
- 7 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 8 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 9 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 10 Alaska- Best tours
- 11 Hotels near beach orange county
- 12 Cape cod and Acadia
- 13 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 14 Daytona Beach and ??
- 15 Yellowstone Dining
- 16 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 17 Grand Marais?
- 18 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 19 Coronado Ferry
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 First visit in New Mexico
- 22 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 23 Maine in latter half of September
- 24 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 25 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?