My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 2 Seaside, California
- 3 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 4 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 5 Denali
- 6 JFK Terminal 8
- 7 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 8 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 11 Maine in May?
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 15 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 16 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 17 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 18 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 19 Bed and Breakfast
- 20 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 21 What car service?
- 22 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 23 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 24 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 25 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria