My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ryder Cup 2016 Live Stream
- 2 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 3 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 4 shipping to italy
- 5 Asheville Hotel Indigo
- 6 SPIRIT airlines FLL to DFW
- 7 I-15 Drive LV to St George
- 8 Maui 7 day trip itinerary (with toddler)
- 9 Short weekend in Seattle
- 10 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 11 Sheraton Hotel at Bradley Airport. Conn
- 12 New England itinerary help
- 13 Deep South Road Trip Nov 2016
- 14 Kid Friendly Acivities
- 15 Immigrating to Colorado
- 16 Seattle Kitsay Airporter
- 17 Finding Steve Perry
- 18 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 19 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 20 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 21 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 22 Cross-Country trip advice
- 23 Chicago Hotel Recommendations
- 24 Spur of moment trip to CA, best way to spend our time
- 25 South Beach in October