My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 2 5 days in Colorado
- 3 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 4 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 5 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 6 Sedona for a Month
- 7 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 8 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 9 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 10 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 13 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 14 Safety Concerns
- 15 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 16 40th in Key West
- 17 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 18 Downtown Chicago
- 19 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 20 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 21 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 22 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 23 What to do in San Diego
- 24 Nashville
- 25 Beaches in Florida