My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through Mississippi, around late spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice, looking at the destinations we have so far.
We want to experience the true flavor of Mississippi. Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order:
• Holly Springs
• Vicksburgh Nat Mil Park
So what do you think? What am I missing?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential Mississippi… No Way!
Thanks a lot! Gemma
Advice on what not to miss in Mississippi!
- 1 Charleston SC 3 day visit
- 2 Paso Robles, CA
- 3 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 4 Train from Newark to Manhattan
- 5 Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
- 6 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 7 NYC votes all cigarette bans and laws apply to "vapor" cigarettes
- 8 SFO airport changing terminals
- 9 Full day in Nashville
- 10 Skiing
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 Have you used Online Vacation Travel?
- 13 Kona/Lyman's Bay rental property?
- 14 4 weeks in Florida with 4 moth baby
- 15 Mini-Trip to Ashland VA ("Center of the Universe”!)
- 16 just me in nyc- dine alone spots near hotel
- 17 San Diego or Hawaii
- 18 NYE in San Antonio
- 19 SF Activities
- 20 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 21 NYC theater prefix dinner restaurant recommendations?
- 22 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 23 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 24 Ocean Front Hotel in San Diego
- 25 7 days Road Trip Help. Really need advice