Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 2 USA family tour
- 3 Costco Travel
- 4 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 5 California road trip - RV/camping or hotels
- 6 Philly Itinerary Help
- 7 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 8 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 9 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 11 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 12 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 13 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 14 4 days road trip southern New England
- 15 trip out west horses and rafting
- 16 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 17 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 18 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 19 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 20 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 21 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 22 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 23 Country Walkers
- 24 Kailua-kona 1892 monument
- 25 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area