Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 2 Late night eating in Kauai
- 3 My road trip through southern US.
- 4 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 5 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 6 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 7 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 8 Florida Beach Hotel
- 9 Florida Nature Trip
- 10 help from a true New Yorker.
- 11 Washington DC with kids
- 12 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 13 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 14 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 15 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 16 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 17 Safety Concerns
- 18 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 19 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 20 Alaska independent tour for group
- 21 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 22 5 days in Colorado
- 23 Trip to northern California
- 24 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 25 40th in Key West