Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 2 Birthday vacation ideas
- 3 Colorado Hiking in September
- 4 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 5 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 6 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 7 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 8 Traveling with an infant
- 9 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 10 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 11 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 12 Key West, FL
- 13 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 14 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 15 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 16 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 17 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 18 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 19 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 20 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 21 driving RT 66
- 22 From Newark to Manhattan
- 23 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 24 Relocating to Washington DC
- 25 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan