Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 2 Maui, early August
- 3 Going to the sun road open
- 4 Family Trip advice please?!
- 5 Alaska trip itinerary
- 6 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 7 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 8 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 9 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 10 Womens Costumes Online - Emiliejerard
- 11 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 12 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 13 florida gulf coast
- 14 Goyal Orchid Whitefield Bangalore
- 15 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 16 Tioga Pass opening this week!
- 17 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 18 Road trip advice needed please
- 19 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 20 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 21 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 22 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 23 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 24 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 25 San Francisco Hotel With Car