Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 2 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 3 Michigan Workers Compensation Lawyers
- 4 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 5 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 6 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 7 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 8 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 9 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 10 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 11 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 12 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 13 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 14 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 17 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 18 Help us choose a hotel
- 19 Honeymoon on PCH
- 20 Magic Show
- 21 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 22 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 23 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 24 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 25 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens