Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 2 Rail Male Enhancement - Best Natural Male Sexual Enhancement Supplement
- 3 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 4 Hawaii wedding
- 5 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 6 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 7 Oregon Coast question
- 8 California road trip
- 9 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 10 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 11 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 12 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 13 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 14 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 15 Moving to Montana
- 16 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 17 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 18 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 19 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 20 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 21 Savanah GA
- 22 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 23 Florida with a 2 year old
- 24 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 25 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids