Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 2 A day in Boston
- 3 public transportation to and from Freedom Trail from cruiseport
- 4 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 5 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 6 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 7 Looking for info on visiting the John Day Fossil Beds NM in Oregon
- 8 Trip Starting from New York
- 9 Phone SIM
- 10 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 11 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 12 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 13 New England Canada Road Trip
- 14 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 15 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 16 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 17 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 18 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 19 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 20 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 21 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 22 Newport , RI
- 23 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 24 Nilichik Ak.
- 25 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip