Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Advice on Philadelphia itinerary
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 3 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 4 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 5 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 6 Question about Boulder area
- 7 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 8 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 9 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 10 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 11 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 12 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 13 Vero Beach FL
- 14 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 15 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 16 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 21 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 22 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 23 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 24 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 25 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.