Thank you for all of your help on my previous question about my Philadelphia itinerary. I believe I now have something workable and would love to hear your thoughts.
Portrait Gallery/Second Bank of U.S.
Carpenter’s Hall/Congress Hall
**Reading Market –lunch
I know it seems like a lot, but I believe Carpenter’s and Congress Hall are relatively small….should I skip them if it’s too much?
Philadelphia Art Museum *Matisse exhibit
Franklin Institute *Star Trek exhibit (I doubt I’ll have time for the Galileo, which I’d love to see)
Eastern State Penitentiary tour
**I’d love to take the trolley tour of Fairmount Park – any idea of where it leaves from?
Elfreth’s Alley/2 house tours
**I know I’m probably leaving myself some extra time, but I don’t mind. I don’t like running around on vacation, trying to squeeze everything I can out of a day.
Poe House **what’s the best way to get there? I’m likely to be staying in the Rittenhouse Square neighborhood
Headhouse farmer’s market (I think the hours are 12-6, but I’m not sure)
Reading Terminal Market /breakfast
City Hall tour
**This is a short day. I would have preferred to do this on another day when I could also do the tour of the Masonic temple, but I couldn’t do it and still fit in some of the other things on my schedule. Any advice as to how else to fill up my time?
Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
U.S. Mint (?)
*Again, short …
Has anyone seen the Lights of Liberty night show? It sounds like a fun and cool thing to do…..
Again, this is just a very preliminary itinerary. I needed to jot it down to see how much time I would need – I was planning on 5 days but I need 6…..Thoughts?
Thanks so much !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hiking 'the wave'
- 2 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 3 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 4 las vegas anyone
- 5 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 6 Restaurant Help Needed
- 7 Finding Steve Perry
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 9 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 10 Trip to visit our children in St Louis, MO and Little Rock, AR.
- 11 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 12 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 13 Dog friendly beaches near Savannah?
- 14 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 15 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 16 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 17 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 18 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 19 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 20 Foliage in Vermont
- 21 las vegas anyone
- 22 Grand Canyon
- 23 Washington DC
- 24 New England itinerary help
- 25 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend