We are a group of 7 people (from UK & Canada) driving to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Our group includes 2 people with knee problems & are unable to hike much. We read some other posts on Grand Canyon and are hoping we can get some advice/feedback on our itinerary.
Our current plan is:
Aug 2nd - Leave Vegas after 10 AM (a couple of us have a business meeting that ends at 10 AM) for Grand Canyon. Arrive before sunset and stay overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 3rd - Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim area for a helicopter tour (if any openings available) and visit Cameron Trading Post. Overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 4th - Tour Grand Canyon South Rim one last time and leave for Vegas to catch our 9 pm flight home.
We are wondering:
- Can we add in Sedona when we only have 1 full day in Grand Canyon?
- We don't want to get bored if one day at Grand Canyon is good enough? We may split into groups to do horseback riding, spa, helicopter rides - other than that we are not going to hike in the summer.
- Is it worth it to overnight in Grand Canyon then overnight in Sedona the next day and then return to Las Vegas?
We all want to see & experience as much as possible - but we don't want to be rushing to different places or sitting in traffic/car most of the time either.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Exercise To Lose Weight Sluggish Does It
- 2 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 3 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 4 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 5 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 6 Sonoma
- 7 Northwest Passage
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 10 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 11 Alaska cruise
- 12 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 15 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 16 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 17 101 closure
- 18 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 19 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 20 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 21 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 22 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 23 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments