We are a group of 7 people (from UK & Canada) driving to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Our group includes 2 people with knee problems & are unable to hike much. We read some other posts on Grand Canyon and are hoping we can get some advice/feedback on our itinerary.
Our current plan is:
Aug 2nd - Leave Vegas after 10 AM (a couple of us have a business meeting that ends at 10 AM) for Grand Canyon. Arrive before sunset and stay overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 3rd - Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim area for a helicopter tour (if any openings available) and visit Cameron Trading Post. Overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 4th - Tour Grand Canyon South Rim one last time and leave for Vegas to catch our 9 pm flight home.
We are wondering:
- Can we add in Sedona when we only have 1 full day in Grand Canyon?
- We don't want to get bored if one day at Grand Canyon is good enough? We may split into groups to do horseback riding, spa, helicopter rides - other than that we are not going to hike in the summer.
- Is it worth it to overnight in Grand Canyon then overnight in Sedona the next day and then return to Las Vegas?
We all want to see & experience as much as possible - but we don't want to be rushing to different places or sitting in traffic/car most of the time either.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key West luxury hotels
- 2 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 3 Wine Country
- 4 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 5 Nashville Never Been
- 6 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 7 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 8 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 9 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 10 Florida beach vacation
- 11 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 12 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 13 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 14 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 15 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 16 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 17 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 18 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 19 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 20 I95
- 21 Rafting the Colorado
- 22 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 23 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 24 Uber boston
- 25 New York City - Wasington February 2017