We are a group of 7 people (from UK & Canada) driving to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Our group includes 2 people with knee problems & are unable to hike much. We read some other posts on Grand Canyon and are hoping we can get some advice/feedback on our itinerary.
Our current plan is:
Aug 2nd - Leave Vegas after 10 AM (a couple of us have a business meeting that ends at 10 AM) for Grand Canyon. Arrive before sunset and stay overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 3rd - Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim area for a helicopter tour (if any openings available) and visit Cameron Trading Post. Overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 4th - Tour Grand Canyon South Rim one last time and leave for Vegas to catch our 9 pm flight home.
We are wondering:
- Can we add in Sedona when we only have 1 full day in Grand Canyon?
- We don't want to get bored if one day at Grand Canyon is good enough? We may split into groups to do horseback riding, spa, helicopter rides - other than that we are not going to hike in the summer.
- Is it worth it to overnight in Grand Canyon then overnight in Sedona the next day and then return to Las Vegas?
We all want to see & experience as much as possible - but we don't want to be rushing to different places or sitting in traffic/car most of the time either.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 2 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 3 4th of July in Chicago
- 4 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 5 Yosemite Hike
- 6 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 7 July camping Cayo Costa State Park
- 8 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 9 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 10 Bucket List
- 11 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 12 Colorado Hiking in September
- 13 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 16 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 17 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 18 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 19 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 20 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 21 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 22 48 Hours in NYC
- 23 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast
- 24 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 25 The District by Hilton Club