We are a group of 7 people (from UK & Canada) driving to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Our group includes 2 people with knee problems & are unable to hike much. We read some other posts on Grand Canyon and are hoping we can get some advice/feedback on our itinerary.
Our current plan is:
Aug 2nd - Leave Vegas after 10 AM (a couple of us have a business meeting that ends at 10 AM) for Grand Canyon. Arrive before sunset and stay overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 3rd - Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim area for a helicopter tour (if any openings available) and visit Cameron Trading Post. Overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 4th - Tour Grand Canyon South Rim one last time and leave for Vegas to catch our 9 pm flight home.
We are wondering:
- Can we add in Sedona when we only have 1 full day in Grand Canyon?
- We don't want to get bored if one day at Grand Canyon is good enough? We may split into groups to do horseback riding, spa, helicopter rides - other than that we are not going to hike in the summer.
- Is it worth it to overnight in Grand Canyon then overnight in Sedona the next day and then return to Las Vegas?
We all want to see & experience as much as possible - but we don't want to be rushing to different places or sitting in traffic/car most of the time either.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 days vacation in California
- 2 Retiring to Tucson
- 3 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 4 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 5 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 6 Utah National Parks visit
- 7 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 8 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 9 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 10 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 11 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 12 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 13 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 14 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 15 Hotel in Reno
- 16 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 18 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 19 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 20 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 21 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 22 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 23 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 24 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 25 roadtrip sfo - seattle