We are a group of 7 people (from UK & Canada) driving to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Our group includes 2 people with knee problems & are unable to hike much. We read some other posts on Grand Canyon and are hoping we can get some advice/feedback on our itinerary.
Our current plan is:
Aug 2nd - Leave Vegas after 10 AM (a couple of us have a business meeting that ends at 10 AM) for Grand Canyon. Arrive before sunset and stay overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 3rd - Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim area for a helicopter tour (if any openings available) and visit Cameron Trading Post. Overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 4th - Tour Grand Canyon South Rim one last time and leave for Vegas to catch our 9 pm flight home.
We are wondering:
- Can we add in Sedona when we only have 1 full day in Grand Canyon?
- We don't want to get bored if one day at Grand Canyon is good enough? We may split into groups to do horseback riding, spa, helicopter rides - other than that we are not going to hike in the summer.
- Is it worth it to overnight in Grand Canyon then overnight in Sedona the next day and then return to Las Vegas?
We all want to see & experience as much as possible - but we don't want to be rushing to different places or sitting in traffic/car most of the time either.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:844:669:7811 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 3 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 4 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 5 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 6 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 7 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 8 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 9 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 10 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 11 Family Trip advice please?!
- 12 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 13 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 14 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 15 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 16 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 17 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 18 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 19 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 20 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 21 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 22 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 23 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 24 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 25 Roadtrippin on Route 66