We are a group of 7 people (from UK & Canada) driving to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Our group includes 2 people with knee problems & are unable to hike much. We read some other posts on Grand Canyon and are hoping we can get some advice/feedback on our itinerary.
Our current plan is:
Aug 2nd - Leave Vegas after 10 AM (a couple of us have a business meeting that ends at 10 AM) for Grand Canyon. Arrive before sunset and stay overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 3rd - Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim area for a helicopter tour (if any openings available) and visit Cameron Trading Post. Overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 4th - Tour Grand Canyon South Rim one last time and leave for Vegas to catch our 9 pm flight home.
We are wondering:
- Can we add in Sedona when we only have 1 full day in Grand Canyon?
- We don't want to get bored if one day at Grand Canyon is good enough? We may split into groups to do horseback riding, spa, helicopter rides - other than that we are not going to hike in the summer.
- Is it worth it to overnight in Grand Canyon then overnight in Sedona the next day and then return to Las Vegas?
We all want to see & experience as much as possible - but we don't want to be rushing to different places or sitting in traffic/car most of the time either.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 2 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 3 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 4 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 5 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 6 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 7 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 8 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 9 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 10 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 11 Nashville Questions
- 12 Summer vacation
- 13 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 14 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 15 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 16 First Trip to Texas -
- 17 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 18 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 19 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 20 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 21 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 22 Driving to Naples fl
- 23 Beaches in Florida
- 24 What to do in San Diego
- 25 Disney for Florida residents