We are a group of 7 people (from UK & Canada) driving to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Our group includes 2 people with knee problems & are unable to hike much. We read some other posts on Grand Canyon and are hoping we can get some advice/feedback on our itinerary.
Our current plan is:
Aug 2nd - Leave Vegas after 10 AM (a couple of us have a business meeting that ends at 10 AM) for Grand Canyon. Arrive before sunset and stay overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 3rd - Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim area for a helicopter tour (if any openings available) and visit Cameron Trading Post. Overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 4th - Tour Grand Canyon South Rim one last time and leave for Vegas to catch our 9 pm flight home.
We are wondering:
- Can we add in Sedona when we only have 1 full day in Grand Canyon?
- We don't want to get bored if one day at Grand Canyon is good enough? We may split into groups to do horseback riding, spa, helicopter rides - other than that we are not going to hike in the summer.
- Is it worth it to overnight in Grand Canyon then overnight in Sedona the next day and then return to Las Vegas?
We all want to see & experience as much as possible - but we don't want to be rushing to different places or sitting in traffic/car most of the time either.
Advice on Grand Canyon trip (from Las Vegas)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 2 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Alaska
- 8 San Diego grocery stores
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 12 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 13 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 18 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona