We are a group of 7 people (from UK & Canada) driving to Grand Canyon from Las Vegas. Our group includes 2 people with knee problems & are unable to hike much. We read some other posts on Grand Canyon and are hoping we can get some advice/feedback on our itinerary.
Our current plan is:
Aug 2nd - Leave Vegas after 10 AM (a couple of us have a business meeting that ends at 10 AM) for Grand Canyon. Arrive before sunset and stay overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 3rd - Tour the Grand Canyon South Rim area for a helicopter tour (if any openings available) and visit Cameron Trading Post. Overnight at Tusayan.
Aug 4th - Tour Grand Canyon South Rim one last time and leave for Vegas to catch our 9 pm flight home.
We are wondering:
- Can we add in Sedona when we only have 1 full day in Grand Canyon?
- We don't want to get bored if one day at Grand Canyon is good enough? We may split into groups to do horseback riding, spa, helicopter rides - other than that we are not going to hike in the summer.
- Is it worth it to overnight in Grand Canyon then overnight in Sedona the next day and then return to Las Vegas?
We all want to see & experience as much as possible - but we don't want to be rushing to different places or sitting in traffic/car most of the time either.
Advice on Grand Canyon trip (from Las Vegas)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 los angeles restaurants
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 West Maui Restaurants
- 6 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 7 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 8 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 12 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 13 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 17 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 18 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 19 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 San Diego Little Italy
- 22 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?