I was hoping someone could offer an idea or two about a nice place to stay along the coast. We are spending a week at a cottage near Franklin, ME, then we'll spend a night somewhere on our way toward Portland, and then staying 2 nights in Portland, ME (don't have anything booked yet, so any ideas here?).
Do you have any ideas about where to stay? Does this sound like a good idea? I really wanted to savor the relaxed culture of the coast. Would you recommend Rockland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 2 New England Tour
- 3 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 4 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 5 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 6 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 7 Downtown Denver hotel
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 10 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 11 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 12 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 13 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 14 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 15 San Diego VRBO area
- 16 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 17 Glacier National Park 2018
- 18 Muir Woods in October
- 19 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 20 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 21 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 22 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 23 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 24 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 25 Colorado Shows Off