We are leaving for Naples, FL in a week for a 7 day stay. Travelling with my DH and 2 kids (9 & 11) and would like some advice on what there is to see and do. We plan to spend plenty of time at the beach, but will have lots of time to explore - we'll have a car. I was thinking an airboat tour of the Everglades would be fun (although expensive). What else should we plan on seeing/doing? We'll be staying in a condo and will be preparing some meals there to conserve costs, but will dine out on occasion. Are there some great casual dining places that are a must (or must-miss)?
Following Naples, we will be heading to LA where we will spend a little time with relatives and then take the kids to New Orleans. We will have the afternoon and evening on a Friday and all day Saturday to spend in the French Quarter before flying out on Sunday morning. I have booked a room for us in the FQ at Chateau Hotel because it seems to be very conveniently located and the price was good. Reviews on it seem to be a little mixed, so I am crossing my fingers that it will be fine for such a short stay. I don't expect we'll be there much except for a swim at the end of the day before dinner and then to sleep.
I've only been to NOLA once before, but my husband grew up nearby. His priorities seem to be mostly cajun/creole food and wants to go to Cafe Maspero for muffaletta and Cafe du Monde for chicory coffee and beingnets. Where else shall we dine? I am looking for casual places in the quarter - not fine dining. Mostly inexpensive to moderate pricing. Since we'll be there such a short time, we want to make each meal a great NOLA food experience. Any thoughts on Hermes Bar and Remoulade? Mr. B's?
Any advice on some must-do activities with the kids? I've only really planned on wandering around the French market, Jackson Square (and surrounding buildings), and the kids have shown interest in the Voodoo Museum.
We are all very excited about the trip! I appreciate any advice and suggestions! TIA!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rail Male Enhancement - Best Natural Male Sexual Enhancement Supplement
- 2 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 3 Hawaii wedding
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 6 Oregon Coast question
- 7 California road trip
- 8 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 9 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 10 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 11 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 12 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 13 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 14 Moving to Montana
- 15 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 16 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 17 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 18 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 19 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 20 Savanah GA
- 21 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 22 Florida with a 2 year old
- 23 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 24 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 25 Colorado itinerary
Advice: Naples, FL & New Orleans, LA Trip with kids (mid-June)