We are leaving for Naples, FL in a week for a 7 day stay. Travelling with my DH and 2 kids (9 & 11) and would like some advice on what there is to see and do. We plan to spend plenty of time at the beach, but will have lots of time to explore - we'll have a car. I was thinking an airboat tour of the Everglades would be fun (although expensive). What else should we plan on seeing/doing? We'll be staying in a condo and will be preparing some meals there to conserve costs, but will dine out on occasion. Are there some great casual dining places that are a must (or must-miss)?
Following Naples, we will be heading to LA where we will spend a little time with relatives and then take the kids to New Orleans. We will have the afternoon and evening on a Friday and all day Saturday to spend in the French Quarter before flying out on Sunday morning. I have booked a room for us in the FQ at Chateau Hotel because it seems to be very conveniently located and the price was good. Reviews on it seem to be a little mixed, so I am crossing my fingers that it will be fine for such a short stay. I don't expect we'll be there much except for a swim at the end of the day before dinner and then to sleep.
I've only been to NOLA once before, but my husband grew up nearby. His priorities seem to be mostly cajun/creole food and wants to go to Cafe Maspero for muffaletta and Cafe du Monde for chicory coffee and beingnets. Where else shall we dine? I am looking for casual places in the quarter - not fine dining. Mostly inexpensive to moderate pricing. Since we'll be there such a short time, we want to make each meal a great NOLA food experience. Any thoughts on Hermes Bar and Remoulade? Mr. B's?
Any advice on some must-do activities with the kids? I've only really planned on wandering around the French market, Jackson Square (and surrounding buildings), and the kids have shown interest in the Voodoo Museum.
We are all very excited about the trip! I appreciate any advice and suggestions! TIA!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JFK-connection
- 2 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 3 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 4 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 5 10 days vacation in Maine
- 6 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/hydroplenage-anti-ageing-cream/
- 7 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 8 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 9 TaNtRiK BaBa+91-9829805537 vashikaran specialist in usa.
- 10 Honeymoon Lodging and Activites in Sonoma
- 11 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 12 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 13 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 14 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 15 vashikaran +919878377317 love problem solution tantrik baba
- 16 Southern history- walkable cities
- 17 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 18 san fransisco to crater lake
- 19 Family reunion ideas
- 20 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 21 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 22 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 23 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 24 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 25 New Software
Advice: Naples, FL & New Orleans, LA Trip with kids (mid-June)