We are leaving for Naples, FL in a week for a 7 day stay. Travelling with my DH and 2 kids (9 & 11) and would like some advice on what there is to see and do. We plan to spend plenty of time at the beach, but will have lots of time to explore - we'll have a car. I was thinking an airboat tour of the Everglades would be fun (although expensive). What else should we plan on seeing/doing? We'll be staying in a condo and will be preparing some meals there to conserve costs, but will dine out on occasion. Are there some great casual dining places that are a must (or must-miss)?
Following Naples, we will be heading to LA where we will spend a little time with relatives and then take the kids to New Orleans. We will have the afternoon and evening on a Friday and all day Saturday to spend in the French Quarter before flying out on Sunday morning. I have booked a room for us in the FQ at Chateau Hotel because it seems to be very conveniently located and the price was good. Reviews on it seem to be a little mixed, so I am crossing my fingers that it will be fine for such a short stay. I don't expect we'll be there much except for a swim at the end of the day before dinner and then to sleep.
I've only been to NOLA once before, but my husband grew up nearby. His priorities seem to be mostly cajun/creole food and wants to go to Cafe Maspero for muffaletta and Cafe du Monde for chicory coffee and beingnets. Where else shall we dine? I am looking for casual places in the quarter - not fine dining. Mostly inexpensive to moderate pricing. Since we'll be there such a short time, we want to make each meal a great NOLA food experience. Any thoughts on Hermes Bar and Remoulade? Mr. B's?
Any advice on some must-do activities with the kids? I've only really planned on wandering around the French market, Jackson Square (and surrounding buildings), and the kids have shown interest in the Voodoo Museum.
We are all very excited about the trip! I appreciate any advice and suggestions! TIA!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 2 cruising the Mississippi river
- 3 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 4 Offgrid SC Tree House Adventure - Video
- 5 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 6 Your favourite places in New York City
- 7 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 8 Juneau cruise stop
- 9 Niagara Falls.
- 10 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 11 Trip Starting from New York
- 12 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 13 New England Canada Road Trip
- 14 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 15 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 16 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 17 Balboa Park - Recommendations for Museums/Restaurants/Gardens?
- 18 Napa Valley Hotel
- 19 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 20 A day in Boston
- 21 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 22 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 23 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 24 Nilichik Ak.
- 25 public transportation to and from Freedom Trail from cruiseport
Advice: Naples, FL & New Orleans, LA Trip with kids (mid-June)