We are leaving for Naples, FL in a week for a 7 day stay. Travelling with my DH and 2 kids (9 & 11) and would like some advice on what there is to see and do. We plan to spend plenty of time at the beach, but will have lots of time to explore - we'll have a car. I was thinking an airboat tour of the Everglades would be fun (although expensive). What else should we plan on seeing/doing? We'll be staying in a condo and will be preparing some meals there to conserve costs, but will dine out on occasion. Are there some great casual dining places that are a must (or must-miss)?
Following Naples, we will be heading to LA where we will spend a little time with relatives and then take the kids to New Orleans. We will have the afternoon and evening on a Friday and all day Saturday to spend in the French Quarter before flying out on Sunday morning. I have booked a room for us in the FQ at Chateau Hotel because it seems to be very conveniently located and the price was good. Reviews on it seem to be a little mixed, so I am crossing my fingers that it will be fine for such a short stay. I don't expect we'll be there much except for a swim at the end of the day before dinner and then to sleep.
I've only been to NOLA once before, but my husband grew up nearby. His priorities seem to be mostly cajun/creole food and wants to go to Cafe Maspero for muffaletta and Cafe du Monde for chicory coffee and beingnets. Where else shall we dine? I am looking for casual places in the quarter - not fine dining. Mostly inexpensive to moderate pricing. Since we'll be there such a short time, we want to make each meal a great NOLA food experience. Any thoughts on Hermes Bar and Remoulade? Mr. B's?
Any advice on some must-do activities with the kids? I've only really planned on wandering around the French market, Jackson Square (and surrounding buildings), and the kids have shown interest in the Voodoo Museum.
We are all very excited about the trip! I appreciate any advice and suggestions! TIA!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 More problems for Big Sur
- 2 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!
- 3 Miami for 2 days
- 4 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 5 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 6 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 7 two moms with 2 kids to visit New Orleans
- 8 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 9 Rules of the NY Subway
- 10 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 11 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 12 What to see in Portland
- 13 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 14 Great Falls or Helena?
- 15 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 16 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 17 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 18 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 19 Las Vegas trip report
- 20 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 21 Lunch in Central Park
- 22 Flanigan's Inn & Hotel Zion National Park Springdale
- 23 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 24 My travels to Monument Valley
- 25 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
Advice: Naples, FL & New Orleans, LA Trip with kids (mid-June)