So the wife and I are finally getting the opportunity to be hitting the USA this December-January. I've thrown together a sample itinerary, and would very much welcome other forumites' thoughts on it (be it longer somewhere, or swapping out locations).
By way of background: We're both 28, and from Sydney, Australia. We're of average fitness, and are interested in everything from nature, to history, culture, food, activities, and good old fashioned fun!
Day Date Day Location
1 17-Dec Sat Depart
2 17-Dec Sat New York
3 18-Dec Sun "
4 19-Dec Mon "
5 20-Dec Tue "
6 21-Dec Wed Philadelphia (drive from NYC)
7 22-Dec Thu Washington (drive from Philly)
8 23-Dec Fri "
9 24-Dec Sat Orlando
10 25-Dec Sun "
11 26-Dec Mon "
12 27-Dec Tue New Orleans
13 28-Dec Wed "
14 29-Dec Thu Aspen (Ski)
15 30-Dec Fri "
16 31-Dec Sat "
17 1-Jan Sun Los Vegas (including Death Valley)
18 2-Jan Mon "
19 3-Jan Tue "
20 4-Jan Wed Grand Canyon
21 5-Jan Thu "
22 6-Jan Fri Los Angeles
23 7-Jan Sat "
24 8-Jan Sun "
25 9-Jan Mon "
26 10-Jan Tue Hawaii (Big Island)
27 11-Jan Wed "
28 12-Jan Thu "
29 13-Jan Fri Depart Hawaii
30 14-Jan Sat Sydney
31 15-Jan Sun Spare day to slot in somewhere?
Based on the above, I estimate that we'd have about 1 day left over, so wasn't sure quite where to put that. Looks like we're missing some of the heartland, but really wasn't sure what a "must-see experience" through those regions would be.
Any thoughts, tips and other input would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 KitKat Helpline 1800*570*1233 for yahoo mail error cutting help online
- 2 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 3 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 4 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 7 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 8 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 9 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 10 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 11 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 12 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 13 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 14 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 15 AR State Parks
- 16 California Trip
- 17 101 closure
- 18 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 19 Sonoma
- 20 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 21 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 22 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 23 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 24 Road trip around Washington DC
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska