I am trying to plan a trip to coastal Maine in late June for a friend and I. Unfortunately due to schedules, we are only able take 5 day vacation. We are in our late 20s-early 30s. Neither one of us has ever been to Maine so we are wanting to make the most of our trip and try to do as much sightseeing as possible. We will likely be flying into Portland and will be renting a car. Like I said we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time don't want to spend the whole trip driving and sitting in the car. We would love to get some whale watching in and perhaps see a lighthouse or two. Definitely looking forward to eating some good lobster. The regions we were looking at were Kennebunk, Acadia National Park, Portland. I realize our time is limited so we probably won't be able to see everything. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, would love to hear suggestions for places to eat/stay. Thanks in advance!
Advice for Coastal Maine Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 2 Ackislander
- 3 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 4 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 5 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 6 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 7 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 8 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 9 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 10 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 11 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 12 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 13 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 14 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 15 Cross Country RV Trip
- 16 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 17 Hotels Philly
- 18 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 19 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 20 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 21 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 22 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 23 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 24 California
- 25 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?