I am trying to plan a trip to coastal Maine in late June for a friend and I. Unfortunately due to schedules, we are only able take 5 day vacation. We are in our late 20s-early 30s. Neither one of us has ever been to Maine so we are wanting to make the most of our trip and try to do as much sightseeing as possible. We will likely be flying into Portland and will be renting a car. Like I said we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time don't want to spend the whole trip driving and sitting in the car. We would love to get some whale watching in and perhaps see a lighthouse or two. Definitely looking forward to eating some good lobster. The regions we were looking at were Kennebunk, Acadia National Park, Portland. I realize our time is limited so we probably won't be able to see everything. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, would love to hear suggestions for places to eat/stay. Thanks in advance!
Advice for Coastal Maine Itinerary
View all United States activity »
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 3 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 4 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 5 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 6 Biloxi questions again
- 7 San Antonio
- 8 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 9 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 10 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 16 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 18 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 19 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 20 Vero Beach FL
- 21 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 22 Question about Boulder area
- 23 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn