I am trying to plan a trip to coastal Maine in late June for a friend and I. Unfortunately due to schedules, we are only able take 5 day vacation. We are in our late 20s-early 30s. Neither one of us has ever been to Maine so we are wanting to make the most of our trip and try to do as much sightseeing as possible. We will likely be flying into Portland and will be renting a car. Like I said we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time don't want to spend the whole trip driving and sitting in the car. We would love to get some whale watching in and perhaps see a lighthouse or two. Definitely looking forward to eating some good lobster. The regions we were looking at were Kennebunk, Acadia National Park, Portland. I realize our time is limited so we probably won't be able to see everything. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, would love to hear suggestions for places to eat/stay. Thanks in advance!
Advice for Coastal Maine Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 6 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 7 Alaska
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 20 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 21 San Diego grocery stores
- 22 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 23 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles