I am trying to plan a trip to coastal Maine in late June for a friend and I. Unfortunately due to schedules, we are only able take 5 day vacation. We are in our late 20s-early 30s. Neither one of us has ever been to Maine so we are wanting to make the most of our trip and try to do as much sightseeing as possible. We will likely be flying into Portland and will be renting a car. Like I said we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time don't want to spend the whole trip driving and sitting in the car. We would love to get some whale watching in and perhaps see a lighthouse or two. Definitely looking forward to eating some good lobster. The regions we were looking at were Kennebunk, Acadia National Park, Portland. I realize our time is limited so we probably won't be able to see everything. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, would love to hear suggestions for places to eat/stay. Thanks in advance!
Advice for Coastal Maine Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 rain in Kauai
- 2 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 3 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 4 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 7 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 8 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 9 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 10 Jersey City Parking
- 11 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 12 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 13 SF to DR? WTH!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 16 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 17 Washington, DC to Boston
- 18 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 19 Where to go in Maine?
- 20 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 21 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 22 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 23 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 24 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 25 Kennedy Space Center