I am trying to plan a trip to coastal Maine in late June for a friend and I. Unfortunately due to schedules, we are only able take 5 day vacation. We are in our late 20s-early 30s. Neither one of us has ever been to Maine so we are wanting to make the most of our trip and try to do as much sightseeing as possible. We will likely be flying into Portland and will be renting a car. Like I said we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time don't want to spend the whole trip driving and sitting in the car. We would love to get some whale watching in and perhaps see a lighthouse or two. Definitely looking forward to eating some good lobster. The regions we were looking at were Kennebunk, Acadia National Park, Portland. I realize our time is limited so we probably won't be able to see everything. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, would love to hear suggestions for places to eat/stay. Thanks in advance!
Advice for Coastal Maine Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 3 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 4 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 5 ONP help
- 6 NYC Clubs for live music
- 7 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 8 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 9 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 10 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 11 Seattle Hyatts
- 12 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 13 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 14 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 15 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 16 Coastal New England Road trip
- 17 Seattle: Something Different?
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 20 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 21 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Park City ideas
- 24 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 25 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas