I am trying to plan a trip to coastal Maine in late June for a friend and I. Unfortunately due to schedules, we are only able take 5 day vacation. We are in our late 20s-early 30s. Neither one of us has ever been to Maine so we are wanting to make the most of our trip and try to do as much sightseeing as possible. We will likely be flying into Portland and will be renting a car. Like I said we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time don't want to spend the whole trip driving and sitting in the car. We would love to get some whale watching in and perhaps see a lighthouse or two. Definitely looking forward to eating some good lobster. The regions we were looking at were Kennebunk, Acadia National Park, Portland. I realize our time is limited so we probably won't be able to see everything. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, would love to hear suggestions for places to eat/stay. Thanks in advance!
Advice for Coastal Maine Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 2 Shenandoah National Park
- 3 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 4 A Love Letter to NYC (in Photos)
- 5 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 6 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 7 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 8 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 9 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 10 Itinerary Help - options.
- 11 Day trip out of NYC - without car
- 12 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 13 Daytona Beach and ??
- 14 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 15 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 16 Hawaii is still Hell
- 17 Alaska restaurant prices
- 18 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 19 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 22 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 23 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip