I am trying to plan a trip to coastal Maine in late June for a friend and I. Unfortunately due to schedules, we are only able take 5 day vacation. We are in our late 20s-early 30s. Neither one of us has ever been to Maine so we are wanting to make the most of our trip and try to do as much sightseeing as possible. We will likely be flying into Portland and will be renting a car. Like I said we want to see as much as possible, but at the same time don't want to spend the whole trip driving and sitting in the car. We would love to get some whale watching in and perhaps see a lighthouse or two. Definitely looking forward to eating some good lobster. The regions we were looking at were Kennebunk, Acadia National Park, Portland. I realize our time is limited so we probably won't be able to see everything. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, would love to hear suggestions for places to eat/stay. Thanks in advance!
Advice for Coastal Maine Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 2 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 3 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 4 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 5 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 6 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 7 Fancy dining
- 8 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 9 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 10 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 11 Charlotte restaurant help
- 12 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 13 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 14 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 15 Itinerary opinions
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 18 Alaska railroad?
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 21 culpepper
- 22 NYC Clubs for live music
- 23 Mesa Verde
- 24 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?