We have gotten such good advice on other trips here so hoping someone can advise us for this trip also. We're taking a daughter to Asheville the first weekend in May to celebrate her 21st birthday. We gave her a choice of Boston or Chicago & she wants to visit Asheville! She likes the eclectic "scene" & is a vegan, has read a lot about the city & thinks she would enjoy a visit there. She doesn't care much about seeing the Biltmore but we may do a tour anyway because I think she would enjoy the gardens. She is more interested in the downtown area I think. I'm about to book a hotel & wondering if we stay outside of the downtown area will parking be an issue for us? We will be in Asheville for 2 full days aside from our travel days. Also, any restaurant & activity suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance for taking time to answer!
Advice for Asheville Weekend
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 6 Universal studios/Orlando
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 9 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 10 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 11 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 12 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 15 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 16 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 22 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 23 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 24 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 25 Seattle hotel recommendation needed