We have gotten such good advice on other trips here so hoping someone can advise us for this trip also. We're taking a daughter to Asheville the first weekend in May to celebrate her 21st birthday. We gave her a choice of Boston or Chicago & she wants to visit Asheville! She likes the eclectic "scene" & is a vegan, has read a lot about the city & thinks she would enjoy a visit there. She doesn't care much about seeing the Biltmore but we may do a tour anyway because I think she would enjoy the gardens. She is more interested in the downtown area I think. I'm about to book a hotel & wondering if we stay outside of the downtown area will parking be an issue for us? We will be in Asheville for 2 full days aside from our travel days. Also, any restaurant & activity suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance for taking time to answer!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 New York City
- 3 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 4 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 Relocating to the Deep South
- 7 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 8 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 9 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 10 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 11 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 12 Arlington funeral plans
- 13 destin resorts
- 14 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 15 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 16 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 17 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 18 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 19 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 20 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 21 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 22 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 23 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 24 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 25 Airfares in the 1970's