We have gotten such good advice on other trips here so hoping someone can advise us for this trip also. We're taking a daughter to Asheville the first weekend in May to celebrate her 21st birthday. We gave her a choice of Boston or Chicago & she wants to visit Asheville! She likes the eclectic "scene" & is a vegan, has read a lot about the city & thinks she would enjoy a visit there. She doesn't care much about seeing the Biltmore but we may do a tour anyway because I think she would enjoy the gardens. She is more interested in the downtown area I think. I'm about to book a hotel & wondering if we stay outside of the downtown area will parking be an issue for us? We will be in Asheville for 2 full days aside from our travel days. Also, any restaurant & activity suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance for taking time to answer!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 2 Honeymoon out west.
- 3 USA, Trip to the south
- 4 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 5 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 6 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 7 How many states have you been to?
- 8 Retiring to Tucson
- 9 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 10 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 11 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 12 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 13 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 14 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 15 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 16 Big Sure in June
- 17 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 18 Santa Fe Itineray
- 19 Roadtrip July 2017
- 20 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 21 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 22 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 25 Northwest National Parks Tour