We have gotten such good advice on other trips here so hoping someone can advise us for this trip also. We're taking a daughter to Asheville the first weekend in May to celebrate her 21st birthday. We gave her a choice of Boston or Chicago & she wants to visit Asheville! She likes the eclectic "scene" & is a vegan, has read a lot about the city & thinks she would enjoy a visit there. She doesn't care much about seeing the Biltmore but we may do a tour anyway because I think she would enjoy the gardens. She is more interested in the downtown area I think. I'm about to book a hotel & wondering if we stay outside of the downtown area will parking be an issue for us? We will be in Asheville for 2 full days aside from our travel days. Also, any restaurant & activity suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance for taking time to answer!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 2 Traveling with an infant
- 3 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 4 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 5 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 6 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 7 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 8 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 9 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 10 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 11 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 12 driving RT 66
- 13 Birthday vacation ideas
- 14 From Newark to Manhattan
- 15 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 16 Relocating to Washington DC
- 17 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 18 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 19 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 20 Acadia National Park
- 21 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 22 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 23 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 24 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 25 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?