We will be in Syracuse for a friend's birthday, and were thinking of taking a day and driving over into the Adirondacks (we have never been in this area of the country before). We figure that if we really like the Adirondacks, that we could go back sometime when we have more time. The question is whether we would be able to see much in a 12 hour trip, or if we are better off to just forget it until the next time? We were not really figuring on doing a lot of hiking or other nature activities, just thought that we would like to get somewhat of an overview of the area. We really don't mind driving a lot, as long as the scenery is pretty. We actually drove the west coast (Big Sur area) a couple of times before we actually took the time to go back and explore the area, and always enjoyed the drive through. We thought that maybe we could drive over to Saratoga Springs and then up to Lake George (Mapquest list it as 169 milles and about 3 hours, befor stops). Or maybe over to Old Forge (96 miles,2 hours) and then up to the visitor's center in Newcomb. The drive to Lake Placid is 195 miles and about a 4 hour drive. Any thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 2 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 3 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 4 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 5 Welcome to Auto Option Bot review
- 6 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 7 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 8 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 9 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 10 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 11 Colorado aspen updates
- 12 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 13 Looking for Next Destination
- 14 Yosemite Lodging
- 15 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 16 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 17 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 18 Fall color yet?
- 19 Worst Restaurants in America
- 20 Lesser seen places in DC?
- 21 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 22 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 23 SFO International Airport
- 24 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 25 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee