Husband and I are joining a flotilla and doing a bit of cruising in Alaska next July /August.
We will have time onshore at Juneau and Sitka before meeting the rest of the group in Ketchikan .
Husband has looked at a couple of options through VRBO for Juneau...one of the apartments is across the river on Douglas Island so that we'd be looking back at the town.
We will be staying for five nights so figure an apartment may be better than a hotel room for this stay but a cabin would be welcome too .
In Sitka we'd only need a hotel as we are staying only a couple of nights.
Doesn't have to be high end accommodation; usually aim for mid- range but it'd be great to have a view!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 2 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 3 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 4 Mystic CT
- 5 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 6 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 7 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 8 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 9 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 10 A June trip to Kauai
- 11 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 12 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 13 Your favourite places in New York City
- 14 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 15 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 16 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 17 Orlando - condoleances
- 18 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 19 1st trip to Colorado
- 20 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 21 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 22 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 23 Napa Valley Hotel
- 24 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 25 Thanksgiving Day in NYC