Husband and I are joining a flotilla and doing a bit of cruising in Alaska next July /August.
We will have time onshore at Juneau and Sitka before meeting the rest of the group in Ketchikan .
Husband has looked at a couple of options through VRBO for Juneau...one of the apartments is across the river on Douglas Island so that we'd be looking back at the town.
We will be staying for five nights so figure an apartment may be better than a hotel room for this stay but a cabin would be welcome too .
In Sitka we'd only need a hotel as we are staying only a couple of nights.
Doesn't have to be high end accommodation; usually aim for mid- range but it'd be great to have a view!
Accommodation suggestions : Juneau and Sitka
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 2 charleston during Christmas Week
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 14 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 15 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 19 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 los angeles restaurants
- 22 West Maui Restaurants
- 23 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 24 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 25 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas