Husband and I are joining a flotilla and doing a bit of cruising in Alaska next July /August.
We will have time onshore at Juneau and Sitka before meeting the rest of the group in Ketchikan .
Husband has looked at a couple of options through VRBO for Juneau...one of the apartments is across the river on Douglas Island so that we'd be looking back at the town.
We will be staying for five nights so figure an apartment may be better than a hotel room for this stay but a cabin would be welcome too .
In Sitka we'd only need a hotel as we are staying only a couple of nights.
Doesn't have to be high end accommodation; usually aim for mid- range but it'd be great to have a view!
Accommodation suggestions : Juneau and Sitka
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 2 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 3 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 4 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 5 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 6 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 7 From Seattle airport to the city
- 8 Middle America in October
- 9 New York City Christmas Trip
- 10 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 11 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 12 visit to HIghLine
- 13 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 14 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 15 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 16 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 17 Colorado Skiing
- 18 4 week family trip ideas
- 19 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 20 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 21 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 22 Help with the Itinerary - February 2015
- 23 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 24 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 25 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?