Hi: My family (wife, kids 13, 14) and I will be spending 2 1/2 days in Acadia mid July. We definitely plan to do the Loop Road drive and go up Cadillac Mtn. Beyond that, can we hear what fodorites opinions are other quintessential Acadia "must do" activities? We have done many of the NPs out west (Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Arches etc) and love to hike, enjoy amazing scenery and love the ranger hike/programs. If Precipice hike is closed, what would be the best alternatives? Any recommendations on the ranger-led boat tours? Since only 2 days, we want to make sure we plan what we want to do. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Acadia National Park - Must do's
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 2 New England in the fall
- 3 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 4 Seattle Hyatts
- 5 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 6 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 9 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 10 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 11 relocating travel
- 12 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 13 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 14 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 15 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan
- 16 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 17 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 18 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 19 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 20 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 21 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 22 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 23 Mesa Verde
- 24 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 25 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?