Hi: My family (wife, kids 13, 14) and I will be spending 2 1/2 days in Acadia mid July. We definitely plan to do the Loop Road drive and go up Cadillac Mtn. Beyond that, can we hear what fodorites opinions are other quintessential Acadia "must do" activities? We have done many of the NPs out west (Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Arches etc) and love to hike, enjoy amazing scenery and love the ranger hike/programs. If Precipice hike is closed, what would be the best alternatives? Any recommendations on the ranger-led boat tours? Since only 2 days, we want to make sure we plan what we want to do. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Acadia National Park - Must do's
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 4 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 Kennedy Space Center
- 12 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 13 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 14 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 15 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 16 5 week in US/Mexico
- 17 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 18 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 19 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 24 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 25 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???