Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 2 Novel in Progress
- 3 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 4 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 5 Short Notice
- 6 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 7 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 8 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 9 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 10 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 11 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 12 Inn at Key West
- 13 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 14 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 15 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 16 Black History Museum
- 17 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 18 Another Great DC Trip
- 19 Chicago 2017
- 20 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 21 arizona rte 66
- 22 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 23 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 24 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 25 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef