Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 2 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 3 Touring Hearst Castle
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 6 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 7 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 8 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 9 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 10 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 11 San Francisco
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 14 Angels Landing
- 15 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 16 NY State Assembly Internship
- 17 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 18 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 19 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 20 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 21 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 22 Arlington funeral plans
- 23 White Christmas
- 24 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 25 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015