Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 2 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 3 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 4 Seattle Ho
- 5 blue ridge parkway?
- 6 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 7 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 8 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 9 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 10 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 11 November redwoods trip
- 12 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 13 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 14 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 15 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 16 First Trip to New Mexico
- 17 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 18 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 19 Southern history- walkable cities
- 20 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 21 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 22 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 23 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 24 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 25 Other Manhattan Hotels