Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 2 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 3 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 4 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 7 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 8 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 9 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 10 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 11 Northwest Car Trip
- 12 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 15 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 16 Northwest Passage
- 17 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide