Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 2 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 3 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 4 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 5 50th in Hawaii
- 6 Florida Family vacation in California
- 7 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 8 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 9 Las Vegas
- 10 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 11 traveling to Nashville
- 12 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 13 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 14 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 15 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 16 San Francisco California
- 17 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products
- 18 Which tide pool is best to see in Seattle?
- 19 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 20 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 21 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 22 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX
- 23 Miami and New Orleans
- 24 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 25 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed