Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 2 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 3 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 6 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 9 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 10 Help us choose a hotel
- 11 Honeymoon on PCH
- 12 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 13 Magic Show
- 14 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 15 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 16 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 17 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 18 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 19 Staying outside DC
- 20 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 21 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 22 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 23 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 24 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 25 Hollywood Area where to stay