Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 2 10 days vacation in Maine
- 3 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 4 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 5 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 6 vashikaran +919878377317 love problem solution tantrik baba
- 7 Southern history- walkable cities
- 8 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 9 san fransisco to crater lake
- 10 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 11 Family reunion ideas
- 12 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 13 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 14 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 15 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 16 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 17 New Software
- 18 JFK-connection
- 19 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 20 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 21 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 22 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 23 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 24 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 25 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah