Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
A scenic route home from Sun City Az to Vancouver Island
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Savanah Sojourn
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 5 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 6 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 7 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 8 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 9 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 10 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 11 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 12 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 13 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 14 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 17 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 18 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 19 Madison Square Garden
- 20 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 21 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 22 St. Augustine, Florida
- 23 hotel near Met NYC
- 24 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 25 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?