Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 생방송카지노☆☆ぢ【VVViP１.COM】.☆생방송바카라☆
- 2 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 3 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 4 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 5 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 6 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 7 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 8 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 9 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 10 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 11 colter cabin or Signal mountain lodge
- 12 questions on hiking in Arches NP
- 13 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 14 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 15 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 16 Portland and Seattle for 9 days need help with driving itinerary
- 17 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 18 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 19 Study in America
- 20 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 21 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 22 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 23 Florida Family vacation in California
- 24 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 25 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?