Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
A scenic route home from Sun City Az to Vancouver Island
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 2 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 3 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 4 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 8 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 9 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 10 Key West Hotel in January
- 11 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 12 los angeles restaurants
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 17 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 18 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 19 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 20 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 San Diego Little Italy
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Healdsburg tips