Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 2 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 3 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 4 Back From Alaska
- 5 Pacific coast road trip
- 6 December trip to see snow
- 7 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 8 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 9 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 10 Maine
- 11 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 13 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 14 Senior Travel Helper
- 15 your favorite city USA?
- 16 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 17 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 18 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 19 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 20 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 21 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 22 Help with driving East to West
- 23 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 24 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 25 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.