Time for us to return home and we are planning to go by a new route. My husband is a paraplegic in a w/c, but does all the driving and loves it.We usually like to drive no more than 5-6 hours a day.
So we are leaving on April 1...staying in Flagstaff for the night since we won't get away until after noonish. Will take Hwy 89 then 89A through Kanab to Springdale. Have booked Driftwood Inn (Apr 2)(forgot it was Easter week) Plan to take the shuttle through the park...getting off in a couple of spots for pictures. There are a couple of accessible paths, so we may do a short one, have a picnic...any suggestions on which would be best?
Then we will drive to Bryce...staying at Best Western.(Apr3)..touristy I know, but they have an accessible room. It sounds like sun set and sun rise are the to do things in Bryce. Could we also drive through the park the next morning?
Then I guess we will drive Hwy 89 to #20 to #15. Probably stay in Salt Lake City Apr 4th.
Any suggestions for areas to see or just a drive by of the Tabernacle, and then leave?
Then head north to #84 and west...maybe to Boise for the night.(Apr5th)
Not sure where we should stay the next night. Columbia River area must be beautiful..we usually stay in Astoria on the way south, but think we will go north on #5 and take the Black Ball Ferry from Pt Angeles to Victoria. Should be home by the 8th or 9th. There is a ferry leaving at 2pm daily.
Thanks so much for any ideas and input...you've always been my go to forum!
A scenic route home from Sun City Az to Vancouver Island
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 2 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Sunrise Easter service-Napa and Sonoma
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Sea world San Diego
- 7 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 8 Utah 2
- 9 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 10 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 11 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 12 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 13 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 14 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 15 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 16 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 17 Small group dining in Napa area
- 18 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 19 Montana- what are must see places?
- 20 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 21 Maui - Haleakala
- 22 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 23 Utah restaurants
- 24 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 25 Kauai Garden tours