We're in the process of planning a road trip for 3 weeks next year in August, and i could use a little advice on how it could be better or if i'm trying to pack too much in. We are heading over from the UK and we know it's going to be sweltering in August, but it's the only time we can take off 3 weeks in the year. I'll give you the break down:-
Day 1 & 2 ARRIVE - New Orleans
Day 3 New Orleans to Lafayette (pick up rental car
Day 4 Lafayette to Natchez
Day 5 Natchez to Vicksburg/Jackson
Day 6 Jackson to Fort Walton Beach
Day 7 Fort Walton Beach to Tallahassee
Day 8 Tallahassee to St. Augustine
Day 9 St. Augustine to Amelia Island
Day 10 Amelia Island to Savannah
Day 11 Savannah to Charleston
Day 12 Charleston to Asheville
Day 13 Asheville to Knoxville (and back)
Day 14 Asheville to Roanoke (Blue Ridge Parkway)
Day 15 Roanoke to Chesapeake Bay
Day 16 & 17 Chesapeake Bay to Washington D.C
Day 18 Washington D.C to Baltimore/Philadelphia
Day 19 & 20 Philadelphia to New York - (drop off rental car)
Day 20 Explore New York
Day 21 SPARE DAY, IN CASE WE FANCY STAYING ON ANYWHERE AN EXTRA DAY
Day 22 FLY HOME
What do you think, am i being totally over ambitious, or is this do-able? Our main objective is to eat as much delicious food as possible (we are total Man v Food addicts), see as much gorgeous scenery as possible (hence the Blue Ridge Parkway - see i've done my research) and meet as many totally eccentric, wonderfully unique people as possible, and to hopefully get ourselves caught up in strange, memorable, funny little non-everyday kinda situations along the way.
I could also use a little advice on the best rental car to go for - i'm thinking cos of the heat a convertible is probably out of the question - No Fear and Loathing for us!!
Massively grateful for all your great advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san fransisco to crater lake
- 2 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 3 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 4 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 5 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 6 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 7 New Software
- 8 Family reunion ideas
- 9 JFK-connection
- 10 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 11 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 12 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 13 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 14 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 15 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 16 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 17 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 18 RV campsites Newport RI
- 19 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 20 Southern history- walkable cities
- 21 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 22 http://xtremenitroshred.com/muscle-xtx/
- 23 http://xtremenitroshred.com/megadrox-and-testadrox-sale/
- 24 http://www.supplement2go.com/alpha-tren-reviews/
- 25 http://www.crazybulkblog.com/alpha-tren-reviews/
A little advice on a first time road trip please - New Orleans to New York