I'll be attending a conference/workshop in SF in a couple weeks Monday-Wednesday, but I'll have Saturday and Sunday beforehand off. I'm mostly planning to visit friends, but I thought I would solicit some advice.
I'm staying in Union Square, and am thinking of dinners at Fino, Hopwater Distribution, and Cafe Claude, which would leave one night free. Any other thoughts? Claudette? Maybe something a bit more informal/cost-effective?
I arrive Saturday around 10:30 am. I was thinking of maybe hightailing it to Cliff House for maybe a light lunch at the bar, (or maybe Louis") then walking to the Legion of Honor until close. I presume the 38 and/or 1 buses are my best bet?
Sunday, I was thinking of going early to Sausalito (transport advice? Bus v. ferry? And what to do there besides just meander a bit?) and then spending the afternoon in Golden Gate Park. The place feels so huge, so any recommendations for what not to miss (Conservatory of Flowers? Japanese garden? One or two more things?). I will plan to skip the De Young and may aim for a good bit of wandering, unless you think I should take the shuttle around that day? I will plan on the 5 bus.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 2 Need help nailing down the details
- 3 California Trip
- 4 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 5 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 6 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 7 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 8 Turo?
- 9 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 10 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 11 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 12 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 13 NYC For The Day
- 14 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 15 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 16 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 17 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 18 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 19 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 20 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 US whole month of January where to
- 23 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 24 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 25 Hotel near Westlake Village California