I'll be attending a conference/workshop in SF in a couple weeks Monday-Wednesday, but I'll have Saturday and Sunday beforehand off. I'm mostly planning to visit friends, but I thought I would solicit some advice.
I'm staying in Union Square, and am thinking of dinners at Fino, Hopwater Distribution, and Cafe Claude, which would leave one night free. Any other thoughts? Claudette? Maybe something a bit more informal/cost-effective?
I arrive Saturday around 10:30 am. I was thinking of maybe hightailing it to Cliff House for maybe a light lunch at the bar, (or maybe Louis") then walking to the Legion of Honor until close. I presume the 38 and/or 1 buses are my best bet?
Sunday, I was thinking of going early to Sausalito (transport advice? Bus v. ferry? And what to do there besides just meander a bit?) and then spending the afternoon in Golden Gate Park. The place feels so huge, so any recommendations for what not to miss (Conservatory of Flowers? Japanese garden? One or two more things?). I will plan to skip the De Young and may aim for a good bit of wandering, unless you think I should take the shuttle around that day? I will plan on the 5 bus.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:482:3831 password reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Christmas in Colorado
- 3 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 4 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 5 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 6 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 7 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 8 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 9 JFK to Washington
- 10 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 11 Where to live in the North East
- 12 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 13 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 14 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations
- 16 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 17 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 18 Houston during hurricane
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 21 Phoenix for the weekend
- 22 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 23 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 24 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 25 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds