I'll be attending a conference/workshop in SF in a couple weeks Monday-Wednesday, but I'll have Saturday and Sunday beforehand off. I'm mostly planning to visit friends, but I thought I would solicit some advice.
I'm staying in Union Square, and am thinking of dinners at Fino, Hopwater Distribution, and Cafe Claude, which would leave one night free. Any other thoughts? Claudette? Maybe something a bit more informal/cost-effective?
I arrive Saturday around 10:30 am. I was thinking of maybe hightailing it to Cliff House for maybe a light lunch at the bar, (or maybe Louis") then walking to the Legion of Honor until close. I presume the 38 and/or 1 buses are my best bet?
Sunday, I was thinking of going early to Sausalito (transport advice? Bus v. ferry? And what to do there besides just meander a bit?) and then spending the afternoon in Golden Gate Park. The place feels so huge, so any recommendations for what not to miss (Conservatory of Flowers? Japanese garden? One or two more things?). I will plan to skip the De Young and may aim for a good bit of wandering, unless you think I should take the shuttle around that day? I will plan on the 5 bus.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 2 Discounted Rental Car?
- 3 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 4 Inexpensive family getaways
- 5 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 6 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 7 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 8 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 9 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 10 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 11 New York best app
- 12 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 13 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 14 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 15 San Francisco to Indianapolis road trip with young kids
- 16 Rocky Mountain National Park early June
- 17 Hawaii Cruise
- 18 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 19 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 20 kauai
- 21 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 22 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 23 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 24 First time to Alaska
- 25 Hawaii - where?