I'll be attending a conference/workshop in SF in a couple weeks Monday-Wednesday, but I'll have Saturday and Sunday beforehand off. I'm mostly planning to visit friends, but I thought I would solicit some advice.
I'm staying in Union Square, and am thinking of dinners at Fino, Hopwater Distribution, and Cafe Claude, which would leave one night free. Any other thoughts? Claudette? Maybe something a bit more informal/cost-effective?
I arrive Saturday around 10:30 am. I was thinking of maybe hightailing it to Cliff House for maybe a light lunch at the bar, (or maybe Louis") then walking to the Legion of Honor until close. I presume the 38 and/or 1 buses are my best bet?
Sunday, I was thinking of going early to Sausalito (transport advice? Bus v. ferry? And what to do there besides just meander a bit?) and then spending the afternoon in Golden Gate Park. The place feels so huge, so any recommendations for what not to miss (Conservatory of Flowers? Japanese garden? One or two more things?). I will plan to skip the De Young and may aim for a good bit of wandering, unless you think I should take the shuttle around that day? I will plan on the 5 bus.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling Alone
- 2 Currency and hotels
- 3 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 4 http://supplementsbook.org/nuage-skin/
- 5 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 6 California Coast in January
- 7 OHare car service north suburbs
- 8 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 9 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 12 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 13 Arizona in late January
- 14 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 15 Northern California Redwoods
- 16 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 17 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 18 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 19 Vegas with toddler twins
- 20 Las Vegas Vacation
- 21 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 22 disneyland
- 23 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 24 Key West
- 25 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary