We're in Chicago right now! Staying at the corner of Kingsbury and Ontario - just so you know which part of town we are in.
I wanted some advice/some critique on the following rough itinerary I have and hopefully help refining it.
First, about us:
- 3 adults and one 2 year old. We need to keep the two year old engaged with some activity each day otherwise she'll get totally bored and cranky.
- We are vegetarian
- We enjoy art, heritage/history, local cultural things especially things that help us identify a place uniquely.
Friday, May 25: Arrive. Dinner at Big Bowl and walk about downtown (done)
Saturday, May 26: Its already nearing noon and we're planning to go to Navy Pier. Planning to walk around, hopefully do the Ferris wheel, a bike ride and visit the children's museum. Dinner, mostly at Vermilion (Indian/Latin fusion).
Sunday May 27: Visit Millennium Park. Dinner at Giordano's (we're not big dinner eaters, but apparently, you have to do this in Chicago once) Lunch?
Monday, May 28: Lincoln Park Zoo, Lunch, Dinner?
Tuesday, May 29: Willis tower observation deck, Architectural tour of Chicago. Lunch, dinner?
Wednesday-Sunday: Heading to Deerfield for a wedding. The wedding is at the botanical gardens, so apart from that is there anything else to see/eat in that area?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO ACCOUNT Tech support 1800 540 6830 YA*HOO M@!L
- 2 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 3 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 4 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 5 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 Rules of the NY Subway
- 8 Boston area hotels
- 9 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 10 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 11 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 12 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 13 Universal Studios vacation
- 14 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 15 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 16 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 17 Fabulous resort for girls' getaway?
- 18 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 19 More lodging in Oregon for eclipse
- 20 Food Festival Tour
- 21 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 22 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 23 Road Trip Bucks County PA to In the Dells Wisconsin
- 24 Dividing time in Glacier
- 25 My travels to Monument Valley