We're in Chicago right now! Staying at the corner of Kingsbury and Ontario - just so you know which part of town we are in.
I wanted some advice/some critique on the following rough itinerary I have and hopefully help refining it.
First, about us:
- 3 adults and one 2 year old. We need to keep the two year old engaged with some activity each day otherwise she'll get totally bored and cranky.
- We are vegetarian
- We enjoy art, heritage/history, local cultural things especially things that help us identify a place uniquely.
Friday, May 25: Arrive. Dinner at Big Bowl and walk about downtown (done)
Saturday, May 26: Its already nearing noon and we're planning to go to Navy Pier. Planning to walk around, hopefully do the Ferris wheel, a bike ride and visit the children's museum. Dinner, mostly at Vermilion (Indian/Latin fusion).
Sunday May 27: Visit Millennium Park. Dinner at Giordano's (we're not big dinner eaters, but apparently, you have to do this in Chicago once) Lunch?
Monday, May 28: Lincoln Park Zoo, Lunch, Dinner?
Tuesday, May 29: Willis tower observation deck, Architectural tour of Chicago. Lunch, dinner?
Wednesday-Sunday: Heading to Deerfield for a wedding. The wedding is at the botanical gardens, so apart from that is there anything else to see/eat in that area?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 2 Traveling with an infant
- 3 Relocating to Washington DC
- 4 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 5 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 6 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 7 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 8 Acadia National Park
- 9 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 10 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 11 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 12 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 13 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 14 From Newark to Manhattan
- 15 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 16 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 17 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 18 Monument Valley
- 19 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 20 driving RT 66
- 21 once in a lifetime
- 22 North California/South Oregon
- 23 Hotels Houston
- 24 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 25 Birthday vacation ideas