We're in Chicago right now! Staying at the corner of Kingsbury and Ontario - just so you know which part of town we are in.
I wanted some advice/some critique on the following rough itinerary I have and hopefully help refining it.
First, about us:
- 3 adults and one 2 year old. We need to keep the two year old engaged with some activity each day otherwise she'll get totally bored and cranky.
- We are vegetarian
- We enjoy art, heritage/history, local cultural things especially things that help us identify a place uniquely.
Friday, May 25: Arrive. Dinner at Big Bowl and walk about downtown (done)
Saturday, May 26: Its already nearing noon and we're planning to go to Navy Pier. Planning to walk around, hopefully do the Ferris wheel, a bike ride and visit the children's museum. Dinner, mostly at Vermilion (Indian/Latin fusion).
Sunday May 27: Visit Millennium Park. Dinner at Giordano's (we're not big dinner eaters, but apparently, you have to do this in Chicago once) Lunch?
Monday, May 28: Lincoln Park Zoo, Lunch, Dinner?
Tuesday, May 29: Willis tower observation deck, Architectural tour of Chicago. Lunch, dinner?
Wednesday-Sunday: Heading to Deerfield for a wedding. The wedding is at the botanical gardens, so apart from that is there anything else to see/eat in that area?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas +21
- 2 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 3 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 4 Phone SIM
- 5 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 6 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 7 Discount Broadway Show Tickets webistes
- 8 A June trip to Kauai
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 11 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 12 Steamboat in August
- 13 Napa Valley Hotel
- 14 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 15 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 16 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 17 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 18 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 19 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 20 Christmas Napa Valley
- 21 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 22 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 23 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 24 Your favourite places in New York City
- 25 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!