We're in Chicago right now! Staying at the corner of Kingsbury and Ontario - just so you know which part of town we are in.
I wanted some advice/some critique on the following rough itinerary I have and hopefully help refining it.
First, about us:
- 3 adults and one 2 year old. We need to keep the two year old engaged with some activity each day otherwise she'll get totally bored and cranky.
- We are vegetarian
- We enjoy art, heritage/history, local cultural things especially things that help us identify a place uniquely.
Friday, May 25: Arrive. Dinner at Big Bowl and walk about downtown (done)
Saturday, May 26: Its already nearing noon and we're planning to go to Navy Pier. Planning to walk around, hopefully do the Ferris wheel, a bike ride and visit the children's museum. Dinner, mostly at Vermilion (Indian/Latin fusion).
Sunday May 27: Visit Millennium Park. Dinner at Giordano's (we're not big dinner eaters, but apparently, you have to do this in Chicago once) Lunch?
Monday, May 28: Lincoln Park Zoo, Lunch, Dinner?
Tuesday, May 29: Willis tower observation deck, Architectural tour of Chicago. Lunch, dinner?
Wednesday-Sunday: Heading to Deerfield for a wedding. The wedding is at the botanical gardens, so apart from that is there anything else to see/eat in that area?
Thanks a lot!
A few days in Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is the New York subway safe?
- 2 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 3 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 4 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 5 Skiing New Mexico
- 6 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 7 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 8 Where to from Tampa?
- 9 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 10 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 11 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 12 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 13 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 17 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 18 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 19 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 20 Chicago Questions
- 21 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 22 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 23 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 24 Chicago eateries downtown
- 25 Lake Rabun Hotel