We're in Chicago right now! Staying at the corner of Kingsbury and Ontario - just so you know which part of town we are in.
I wanted some advice/some critique on the following rough itinerary I have and hopefully help refining it.
First, about us:
- 3 adults and one 2 year old. We need to keep the two year old engaged with some activity each day otherwise she'll get totally bored and cranky.
- We are vegetarian
- We enjoy art, heritage/history, local cultural things especially things that help us identify a place uniquely.
Friday, May 25: Arrive. Dinner at Big Bowl and walk about downtown (done)
Saturday, May 26: Its already nearing noon and we're planning to go to Navy Pier. Planning to walk around, hopefully do the Ferris wheel, a bike ride and visit the children's museum. Dinner, mostly at Vermilion (Indian/Latin fusion).
Sunday May 27: Visit Millennium Park. Dinner at Giordano's (we're not big dinner eaters, but apparently, you have to do this in Chicago once) Lunch?
Monday, May 28: Lincoln Park Zoo, Lunch, Dinner?
Tuesday, May 29: Willis tower observation deck, Architectural tour of Chicago. Lunch, dinner?
Wednesday-Sunday: Heading to Deerfield for a wedding. The wedding is at the botanical gardens, so apart from that is there anything else to see/eat in that area?
Thanks a lot!
A few days in Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida St George's Island
- 2 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 5 Washington DC in Spring?
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 9 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 10 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Weekend in NYC
- 15 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 16 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 17 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 18 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 19 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 20 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 21 Breckenridge in October
- 22 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 23 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 24 Richmond highlights?
- 25 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?