We're in Chicago right now! Staying at the corner of Kingsbury and Ontario - just so you know which part of town we are in.
I wanted some advice/some critique on the following rough itinerary I have and hopefully help refining it.
First, about us:
- 3 adults and one 2 year old. We need to keep the two year old engaged with some activity each day otherwise she'll get totally bored and cranky.
- We are vegetarian
- We enjoy art, heritage/history, local cultural things especially things that help us identify a place uniquely.
Friday, May 25: Arrive. Dinner at Big Bowl and walk about downtown (done)
Saturday, May 26: Its already nearing noon and we're planning to go to Navy Pier. Planning to walk around, hopefully do the Ferris wheel, a bike ride and visit the children's museum. Dinner, mostly at Vermilion (Indian/Latin fusion).
Sunday May 27: Visit Millennium Park. Dinner at Giordano's (we're not big dinner eaters, but apparently, you have to do this in Chicago once) Lunch?
Monday, May 28: Lincoln Park Zoo, Lunch, Dinner?
Tuesday, May 29: Willis tower observation deck, Architectural tour of Chicago. Lunch, dinner?
Wednesday-Sunday: Heading to Deerfield for a wedding. The wedding is at the botanical gardens, so apart from that is there anything else to see/eat in that area?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 2 Steamboat in August
- 3 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 4 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 5 Hawaii, January 2017.
- 6 Your favourite places in New York City
- 7 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 8 Napa valley getaway
- 9 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 10 Desert Southwest
- 11 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 12 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 13 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 14 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 15 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 18 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 19 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 20 Extended weekend beach get away
- 21 Parking US OPEN
- 22 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 23 GPS app without data
- 24 Southern history- walkable cities
- 25 Scenic mountain views near Spokane