My wife and I will be spending about 7 days and 6 nights in and around the Washington DC area. I would like some ideas as to what we( 50+ age ) could do see and eat. We arrive on the Friday evening on 27th Sept and fly off on 3rd Oct at about 2255 from Dulles. I was thinking about 2 full days in DC and then explore the surrounds by car. Looking at autotoursUSA again which I have worked with when I did a drive in New England in 2011. They were great. Would appreciate any suggestions.
A few days in and around Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 2 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 3 Philly
- 4 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 5 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 6 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 7 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 8 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 9 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 10 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 13 Pub with food in Seattle
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 17 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 18 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 19 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 20 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 Road Trip SW
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!