I will be renting a car in NYC for two or three days and was wondering if this plan makes sense.
Pick up car in St.George, Staten Island.
Drive around Staten Island stopping at Conference House, FDR Boardwalk, The Verranzo narrows bridge. What else should I do in Staten Island?
Cross the narrows and check out Coney Island, Brighton, Rockaway and continue on to the end of Long Island via south shore.
Block Island? For some reason I have it in my head I want to go there. Not sure why. Should I go?
Is that a full days of driving? More than that?
Is it scenic? Some highway look scenic on a map but when you drive them they have buildings everywhere blocking your view.
Any suggestions for the drive back?
Appreciate all the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 2 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 3 Zurich airport connections
- 4 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 5 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 6 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 7 Miami airport--safety??
- 8 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 9 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 10 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 11 Things to do in Toronto
- 12 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 13 How Much??-Taxi from Atlanta airport to Emory University
- 14 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 15 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 16 US whole month of January where to
- 17 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 18 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 19 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 20 Recent Spam Attacks
- 21 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 22 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 23 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 24 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 25 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights