I will be renting a car in NYC for two or three days and was wondering if this plan makes sense.
Pick up car in St.George, Staten Island.
Drive around Staten Island stopping at Conference House, FDR Boardwalk, The Verranzo narrows bridge. What else should I do in Staten Island?
Cross the narrows and check out Coney Island, Brighton, Rockaway and continue on to the end of Long Island via south shore.
Block Island? For some reason I have it in my head I want to go there. Not sure why. Should I go?
Is that a full days of driving? More than that?
Is it scenic? Some highway look scenic on a map but when you drive them they have buildings everywhere blocking your view.
Any suggestions for the drive back?
Appreciate all the help.
A Drive around Staten Island and Long Island
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 3 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 6 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 7 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 10 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 11 Richmond highlights?
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Broadway this week
- 15 Weekend in NYC
- 16 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 19 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 20 New York, New York...
- 21 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 22 trains in Europe
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 25 USA trip