I will be renting a car in NYC for two or three days and was wondering if this plan makes sense.
Pick up car in St.George, Staten Island.
Drive around Staten Island stopping at Conference House, FDR Boardwalk, The Verranzo narrows bridge. What else should I do in Staten Island?
Cross the narrows and check out Coney Island, Brighton, Rockaway and continue on to the end of Long Island via south shore.
Block Island? For some reason I have it in my head I want to go there. Not sure why. Should I go?
Is that a full days of driving? More than that?
Is it scenic? Some highway look scenic on a map but when you drive them they have buildings everywhere blocking your view.
Any suggestions for the drive back?
Appreciate all the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 disneyland
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 3 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 4 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 5 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 6 Las Vegas Vacation
- 7 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 8 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 9 moving to Florida
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 12 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 13 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 14 DC restaurant report
- 15 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 16 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 17 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 18 Northern California Redwoods
- 19 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 20 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 21 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 22 Neue Galerie
- 23 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 24 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre