I will be renting a car in NYC for two or three days and was wondering if this plan makes sense.
Pick up car in St.George, Staten Island.
Drive around Staten Island stopping at Conference House, FDR Boardwalk, The Verranzo narrows bridge. What else should I do in Staten Island?
Cross the narrows and check out Coney Island, Brighton, Rockaway and continue on to the end of Long Island via south shore.
Block Island? For some reason I have it in my head I want to go there. Not sure why. Should I go?
Is that a full days of driving? More than that?
Is it scenic? Some highway look scenic on a map but when you drive them they have buildings everywhere blocking your view.
Any suggestions for the drive back?
Appreciate all the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do I have a right to sell Theme park tickets that I won?
- 2 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 3 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 4 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 5 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 6 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 7 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 8 40th in Key West
- 9 What to do in New York?
- 10 When do school start again in August?
- 11 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 12 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 13 Disney for Florida residents
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 Our Boston Getaway
- 16 Yosemite
- 17 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 20 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May
- 21 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 22 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 23 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 24 What to do in San Diego
- 25 Road trip from St Paul Mn to Naples Florida