I will be renting a car in NYC for two or three days and was wondering if this plan makes sense.
Pick up car in St.George, Staten Island.
Drive around Staten Island stopping at Conference House, FDR Boardwalk, The Verranzo narrows bridge. What else should I do in Staten Island?
Cross the narrows and check out Coney Island, Brighton, Rockaway and continue on to the end of Long Island via south shore.
Block Island? For some reason I have it in my head I want to go there. Not sure why. Should I go?
Is that a full days of driving? More than that?
Is it scenic? Some highway look scenic on a map but when you drive them they have buildings everywhere blocking your view.
Any suggestions for the drive back?
Appreciate all the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time to California
- 2 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 3 Taxi service like Uber etc
- 4 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 5 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 6 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 7 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 8 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 9 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 10 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 11 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 12 Angels Landing
- 13 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 14 San Francisco and Napa
- 15 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 16 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 17 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 18 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 19 California RV baby and child seats
- 20 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 21 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 22 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 23 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 24 car rentals in San Diego
- 25 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County