I will be renting a car in NYC for two or three days and was wondering if this plan makes sense.
Pick up car in St.George, Staten Island.
Drive around Staten Island stopping at Conference House, FDR Boardwalk, The Verranzo narrows bridge. What else should I do in Staten Island?
Cross the narrows and check out Coney Island, Brighton, Rockaway and continue on to the end of Long Island via south shore.
Block Island? For some reason I have it in my head I want to go there. Not sure why. Should I go?
Is that a full days of driving? More than that?
Is it scenic? Some highway look scenic on a map but when you drive them they have buildings everywhere blocking your view.
Any suggestions for the drive back?
Appreciate all the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 2 Steamboat in August
- 3 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 4 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 5 Discount Broadway Show Tickets webistes
- 6 Napa Valley Hotel
- 7 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 8 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 9 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 10 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 11 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 12 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 13 Christmas Napa Valley
- 14 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 15 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 16 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 17 Your favourite places in New York City
- 18 Phone SIM
- 19 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 20 Las vegas +21
- 21 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 22 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 23 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 24 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 25 Limited time on Maui: Advice please