I will be renting a car in NYC for two or three days and was wondering if this plan makes sense.
Pick up car in St.George, Staten Island.
Drive around Staten Island stopping at Conference House, FDR Boardwalk, The Verranzo narrows bridge. What else should I do in Staten Island?
Cross the narrows and check out Coney Island, Brighton, Rockaway and continue on to the end of Long Island via south shore.
Block Island? For some reason I have it in my head I want to go there. Not sure why. Should I go?
Is that a full days of driving? More than that?
Is it scenic? Some highway look scenic on a map but when you drive them they have buildings everywhere blocking your view.
Any suggestions for the drive back?
Appreciate all the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving CA 395
- 2 Maui and Kauai
- 3 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 4 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 5 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 8 Glacier National Park 2018
- 9 Hawaii wedding
- 10 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 11 Adirondacks trip repot
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 14 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 17 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 18 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 19 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 20 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 21 Downtown Denver hotel
- 22 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 23 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 24 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 25 San Diego VRBO area