Hi All experts,
I have been thinking long and hard about getting retired after 55 in Florida for the last few years. The year 2011 could not have come a better time for a Canadian like me thinking to retire and invest in the realty property in Florida, especailly with the curent low Florida housing prices and the strong Canadian loonies.
I understand there are many factors to consider for a Canadian to buy condos/houses in Florida, such as property taxation for new buyer, for foreigners, insurance and others. For now, I am thinking about a gated community, by or close to the beach front, 2 or 3 bedrooms, either villa or condo in the southern region of Florida. I have seen advertised prices for 3 bedrooms for about $70K. The price is almost too good to be true compared to the housing market value in Canada. So, my gut is telling me ... "if anything that is too good to be true, then it is!. Better run fast!"
I know I should go personally to Flordia to check out properties and other regulations first hand. I will do that for sure. For sure, I am trying to gather as much information or insight from anybody who can provide. The more information I can get, the better decision I will make.
Please share whatever information you can.
Thanks a billion. (a figure of speech, of course. )
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Train from east cost to west coast
- 2 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 3 Florida with a 2 year old
- 4 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 5 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 6 Northern California Gardens.
- 7 Route 66
- 8 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 9 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 10 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 11 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 12 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 13 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 14 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 15 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 16 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 17 Arches or Zion?
- 18 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 19 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 20 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 21 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 24 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 25 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
Hi All experts,