Hi All experts,
I have been thinking long and hard about getting retired after 55 in Florida for the last few years. The year 2011 could not have come a better time for a Canadian like me thinking to retire and invest in the realty property in Florida, especailly with the curent low Florida housing prices and the strong Canadian loonies.
I understand there are many factors to consider for a Canadian to buy condos/houses in Florida, such as property taxation for new buyer, for foreigners, insurance and others. For now, I am thinking about a gated community, by or close to the beach front, 2 or 3 bedrooms, either villa or condo in the southern region of Florida. I have seen advertised prices for 3 bedrooms for about $70K. The price is almost too good to be true compared to the housing market value in Canada. So, my gut is telling me ... "if anything that is too good to be true, then it is!. Better run fast!"
I know I should go personally to Flordia to check out properties and other regulations first hand. I will do that for sure. For sure, I am trying to gather as much information or insight from anybody who can provide. The more information I can get, the better decision I will make.
Please share whatever information you can.
Thanks a billion. (a figure of speech, of course. )
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 2 USA family tour
- 3 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 4 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 5 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 6 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 8 Chicago Charter Yacht Rentals: The Sophisticated Lady
- 9 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 10 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 11 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 12 Costco Travel
- 13 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 14 Philly Itinerary Help
- 15 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 16 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 17 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 18 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 19 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 20 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 21 4 days road trip southern New England
- 22 trip out west horses and rafting
- 23 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 24 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 25 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
Hi All experts,