Hi All experts,
I have been thinking long and hard about getting retired after 55 in Florida for the last few years. The year 2011 could not have come a better time for a Canadian like me thinking to retire and invest in the realty property in Florida, especailly with the curent low Florida housing prices and the strong Canadian loonies.
I understand there are many factors to consider for a Canadian to buy condos/houses in Florida, such as property taxation for new buyer, for foreigners, insurance and others. For now, I am thinking about a gated community, by or close to the beach front, 2 or 3 bedrooms, either villa or condo in the southern region of Florida. I have seen advertised prices for 3 bedrooms for about $70K. The price is almost too good to be true compared to the housing market value in Canada. So, my gut is telling me ... "if anything that is too good to be true, then it is!. Better run fast!"
I know I should go personally to Flordia to check out properties and other regulations first hand. I will do that for sure. For sure, I am trying to gather as much information or insight from anybody who can provide. The more information I can get, the better decision I will make.
Please share whatever information you can.
Thanks a billion. (a figure of speech, of course. )
A dream to come true for "Freedom 55 in Florida"?
Hi All experts,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 rain in Kauai
- 2 Where to go in Maine?
- 3 Jersey City Parking
- 4 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint