Me and my husband are going for 9 days trip to Alaska: Our itinerray is:
Day 1: Reach Saturday Morning 2.00 am at ANC. Pich rental car, go to safeway(? is it open 24 hrs), pick some food stuff/burner, then leave directly for Seward, be it day time or dark. Reach Seward , and then take the cruise. Now here is my first QUESTION: Which cruise to take: Major Marine Kenai Fjords 7.5 hrs or Prince Wiliams Sound 4 hrs. Which is better and worth the time spent. After this, explore little bit around seward, and then dinner and then to bed.
Day 2: Drive from Seward to ANC. Stop at turnagain, exit glacier and other points enroute to ANC. QUESTION: What other places in Seward? Spend night in ANC
Day 3: Drive from ANC to Talkeetna. Take Mt Mckinley Flightseeing tour at 11.00am. Then drive to Denali. Spend Night in Denali.
Day 4: Again in Denali.
Day 5: Take bus tours in Denali. Night in Denali again.
Day 6: Drive on Denali Highway to Paxson. Spend night in paxson.
Day 7: Drive from Paxson to Glennalan. Go for Matanuska Glaceir hiking and ice climbing tour. Night in Glennelan. Explore Wrangell National Park.
Day 8: Drive from Glennelan to Valdez and back to Glennelan. Is it ok??
Day 9: Drive to ANC and then catch flight back , at 11.30 pm
QUESTIONS: Am I spending too much time in Denali and instead should spend some of it in Wrangell Park?
Am I taking too many tours(Flighsseing, glacier trekking, Prince sound william)?
Where can I see bears(very eager to see them)?
Any advice would be really really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 2 Northwest Car Trip
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 5 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 6 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 7 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 8 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 9 Northwest Passage
- 10 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 11 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 14 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 15 Sonoma
- 16 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 17 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 18 Alaska cruise
- 19 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 101 closure
- 22 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 23 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 24 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 25 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn