Me and my husband are going for 9 days trip to Alaska: Our itinerray is:
Day 1: Reach Saturday Morning 2.00 am at ANC. Pich rental car, go to safeway(? is it open 24 hrs), pick some food stuff/burner, then leave directly for Seward, be it day time or dark. Reach Seward , and then take the cruise. Now here is my first QUESTION: Which cruise to take: Major Marine Kenai Fjords 7.5 hrs or Prince Wiliams Sound 4 hrs. Which is better and worth the time spent. After this, explore little bit around seward, and then dinner and then to bed.
Day 2: Drive from Seward to ANC. Stop at turnagain, exit glacier and other points enroute to ANC. QUESTION: What other places in Seward? Spend night in ANC
Day 3: Drive from ANC to Talkeetna. Take Mt Mckinley Flightseeing tour at 11.00am. Then drive to Denali. Spend Night in Denali.
Day 4: Again in Denali.
Day 5: Take bus tours in Denali. Night in Denali again.
Day 6: Drive on Denali Highway to Paxson. Spend night in paxson.
Day 7: Drive from Paxson to Glennalan. Go for Matanuska Glaceir hiking and ice climbing tour. Night in Glennelan. Explore Wrangell National Park.
Day 8: Drive from Glennelan to Valdez and back to Glennelan. Is it ok??
Day 9: Drive to ANC and then catch flight back , at 11.30 pm
QUESTIONS: Am I spending too much time in Denali and instead should spend some of it in Wrangell Park?
Am I taking too many tours(Flighsseing, glacier trekking, Prince sound william)?
Where can I see bears(very eager to see them)?
Any advice would be really really appreciated.
9 days trip to Alaska. Advice plz!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 2 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 3 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 4 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 5 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 6 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 7 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 8 Berkshires in late October
- 9 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 10 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 11 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 12 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 13 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 14 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 15 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 16 Mesa Verde
- 17 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 18 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 19 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 20 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 21 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 22 Seattle Hyatts
- 23 California road trip
- 24 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa