Me and my husband are going for 9 days trip to Alaska: Our itinerray is:
Day 1: Reach Saturday Morning 2.00 am at ANC. Pich rental car, go to safeway(? is it open 24 hrs), pick some food stuff/burner, then leave directly for Seward, be it day time or dark. Reach Seward , and then take the cruise. Now here is my first QUESTION: Which cruise to take: Major Marine Kenai Fjords 7.5 hrs or Prince Wiliams Sound 4 hrs. Which is better and worth the time spent. After this, explore little bit around seward, and then dinner and then to bed.
Day 2: Drive from Seward to ANC. Stop at turnagain, exit glacier and other points enroute to ANC. QUESTION: What other places in Seward? Spend night in ANC
Day 3: Drive from ANC to Talkeetna. Take Mt Mckinley Flightseeing tour at 11.00am. Then drive to Denali. Spend Night in Denali.
Day 4: Again in Denali.
Day 5: Take bus tours in Denali. Night in Denali again.
Day 6: Drive on Denali Highway to Paxson. Spend night in paxson.
Day 7: Drive from Paxson to Glennalan. Go for Matanuska Glaceir hiking and ice climbing tour. Night in Glennelan. Explore Wrangell National Park.
Day 8: Drive from Glennelan to Valdez and back to Glennelan. Is it ok??
Day 9: Drive to ANC and then catch flight back , at 11.30 pm
QUESTIONS: Am I spending too much time in Denali and instead should spend some of it in Wrangell Park?
Am I taking too many tours(Flighsseing, glacier trekking, Prince sound william)?
Where can I see bears(very eager to see them)?
Any advice would be really really appreciated.
9 days trip to Alaska. Advice plz!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 2 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 3 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 4 Philly
- 5 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 6 Santa Barbara, California
- 7 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 8 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 9 Hotel near Miami airport
- 10 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 11 culpepper
- 12 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 13 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 16 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 17 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 20 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 21 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 22 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 23 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 24 Chicago trip
- 25 NYC IN AUGUST