I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . My main objective is to enjoy the scenic drives, do landscape/nature/night photography and see wildlife (if around). And maybe a couple of short (3-4 mile roundtrip) hikes
I am yet to make any bookings so wanted to close down on my below mentioned tentative itinerary. I truly understand that I may just be “touching” upon the places, so still trying to make the best achievable and enjoyable plan !!
NOTE : I am totally open to doing the below mentioned itinerary in reverse, since it may be easier on my budget, considering the one way car rentals etc. Would appreciate suggestions on that as well
Day 0 – Land SFO at Night
Day 1 – Big Sur, Yosemite
Day 2 – Yosemite
Day 3 – Yosemite, Lake Tahoe
Day 4 – Lake Tahoe, Napa, Redwood
Day 5 – Crater Lake NP
Day 6 – Cannon Beach, Mt. Rainier
Day 7 – Mt. Rainier
Day 8 – Olympic NP
Day 9 - Olympic NP, Return flight from Seattle at late night
Apart from this, I have the following queries as well :
1. Doesn’t it make sense to do this trip North (Seattle) to South (SFO), since then I will be driving with the coast on my side of the road ?
2. Which are the scenic routes that I should take during my entire 9 day trip?
3. I can only do a couple of short hikes/treks during my trip so which ones should I go for?
4. Any other Tips and Tricks to make my vacation more enjoyable ?
Google Map link
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 2 NYC with 8 yr old
- 3 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 4 Miami and New Orleans
- 5 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 6 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 7 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 8 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 9 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 10 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 11 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 12 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 13 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 14 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 15 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 16 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 17 stopping off I 81 South
- 18 Boston Restaurants - suggestions please
- 19 24 hours in Boston - Where to eat?
- 20 Boston Chinatown restaurant or tour recommendations
- 21 United Nations tours
- 22 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 23 Relocating?
- 24 Advice on tipping
- 25 Best stays in Jackson hole/tetons