I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . My main objective is to enjoy the scenic drives, do landscape/nature/night photography and see wildlife (if around). And maybe a couple of short (3-4 mile roundtrip) hikes
I am yet to make any bookings so wanted to close down on my below mentioned tentative itinerary. I truly understand that I may just be “touching” upon the places, so still trying to make the best achievable and enjoyable plan !!
NOTE : I am totally open to doing the below mentioned itinerary in reverse, since it may be easier on my budget, considering the one way car rentals etc. Would appreciate suggestions on that as well
Day 0 – Land SFO at Night
Day 1 – Big Sur, Yosemite
Day 2 – Yosemite
Day 3 – Yosemite, Lake Tahoe
Day 4 – Lake Tahoe, Napa, Redwood
Day 5 – Crater Lake NP
Day 6 – Cannon Beach, Mt. Rainier
Day 7 – Mt. Rainier
Day 8 – Olympic NP
Day 9 - Olympic NP, Return flight from Seattle at late night
Apart from this, I have the following queries as well :
1. Doesn’t it make sense to do this trip North (Seattle) to South (SFO), since then I will be driving with the coast on my side of the road ?
2. Which are the scenic routes that I should take during my entire 9 day trip?
3. I can only do a couple of short hikes/treks during my trip so which ones should I go for?
4. Any other Tips and Tricks to make my vacation more enjoyable ?
Google Map link
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 2 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 3 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 4 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 5 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 6 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 7 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 8 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 9 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 10 Western U.S. Road trip
- 11 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 12 Martha's Vineyard area
- 13 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 14 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 15 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 16 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 17 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 18 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 19 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 20 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 21 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 22 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 23 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 24 4 Days in Maui
- 25 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?