I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . My main objective is to enjoy the scenic drives, do landscape/nature/night photography and see wildlife (if around). And maybe a couple of short (3-4 mile roundtrip) hikes
I am yet to make any bookings so wanted to close down on my below mentioned tentative itinerary. I truly understand that I may just be “touching” upon the places, so still trying to make the best achievable and enjoyable plan !!
NOTE : I am totally open to doing the below mentioned itinerary in reverse, since it may be easier on my budget, considering the one way car rentals etc. Would appreciate suggestions on that as well
Day 0 – Land SFO at Night
Day 1 – Big Sur, Yosemite
Day 2 – Yosemite
Day 3 – Yosemite, Lake Tahoe
Day 4 – Lake Tahoe, Napa, Redwood
Day 5 – Crater Lake NP
Day 6 – Cannon Beach, Mt. Rainier
Day 7 – Mt. Rainier
Day 8 – Olympic NP
Day 9 - Olympic NP, Return flight from Seattle at late night
Apart from this, I have the following queries as well :
1. Doesn’t it make sense to do this trip North (Seattle) to South (SFO), since then I will be driving with the coast on my side of the road ?
2. Which are the scenic routes that I should take during my entire 9 day trip?
3. I can only do a couple of short hikes/treks during my trip so which ones should I go for?
4. Any other Tips and Tricks to make my vacation more enjoyable ?
Google Map link
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Layover
- 2 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 3 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 4 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 5 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 6 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 7 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 8 Seattle?
- 9 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 10 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 11 First Trip to New Mexico
- 12 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 13 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 14 Airport Advice for GNP
- 15 Day trips from Boston
- 16 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 17 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 18 November redwoods trip
- 19 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 20 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 21 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 22 Southern history- walkable cities
- 23 Wedding gifts?
- 24 Have Questions About Florida's Spring Allergy
- 25 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food