I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . My main objective is to enjoy the scenic drives, do landscape/nature/night photography and see wildlife (if around). And maybe a couple of short (3-4 mile roundtrip) hikes
I am yet to make any bookings so wanted to close down on my below mentioned tentative itinerary. I truly understand that I may just be “touching” upon the places, so still trying to make the best achievable and enjoyable plan !!
NOTE : I am totally open to doing the below mentioned itinerary in reverse, since it may be easier on my budget, considering the one way car rentals etc. Would appreciate suggestions on that as well
Day 0 – Land SFO at Night
Day 1 – Big Sur, Yosemite
Day 2 – Yosemite
Day 3 – Yosemite, Lake Tahoe
Day 4 – Lake Tahoe, Napa, Redwood
Day 5 – Crater Lake NP
Day 6 – Cannon Beach, Mt. Rainier
Day 7 – Mt. Rainier
Day 8 – Olympic NP
Day 9 - Olympic NP, Return flight from Seattle at late night
Apart from this, I have the following queries as well :
1. Doesn’t it make sense to do this trip North (Seattle) to South (SFO), since then I will be driving with the coast on my side of the road ?
2. Which are the scenic routes that I should take during my entire 9 day trip?
3. I can only do a couple of short hikes/treks during my trip so which ones should I go for?
4. Any other Tips and Tricks to make my vacation more enjoyable ?
Google Map link
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 2 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 3 Honeymoon on PCH
- 4 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 5 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 6 San Francisco transit options
- 7 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 8 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 9 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 10 No Spam this morning!!
- 11 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 12 Ideas for New York
- 13 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 14 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 15 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 16 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 17 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 18 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 19 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 20 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 21 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 22 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 23 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 24 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 25 Help us choose a hotel