I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . My main objective is to enjoy the scenic drives, do landscape/nature/night photography and see wildlife (if around). And maybe a couple of short (3-4 mile roundtrip) hikes
I am yet to make any bookings so wanted to close down on my below mentioned tentative itinerary. I truly understand that I may just be “touching” upon the places, so still trying to make the best achievable and enjoyable plan !!
NOTE : I am totally open to doing the below mentioned itinerary in reverse, since it may be easier on my budget, considering the one way car rentals etc. Would appreciate suggestions on that as well
Day 0 – Land SFO at Night
Day 1 – Big Sur, Yosemite
Day 2 – Yosemite
Day 3 – Yosemite, Lake Tahoe
Day 4 – Lake Tahoe, Napa, Redwood
Day 5 – Crater Lake NP
Day 6 – Cannon Beach, Mt. Rainier
Day 7 – Mt. Rainier
Day 8 – Olympic NP
Day 9 - Olympic NP, Return flight from Seattle at late night
Apart from this, I have the following queries as well :
1. Doesn’t it make sense to do this trip North (Seattle) to South (SFO), since then I will be driving with the coast on my side of the road ?
2. Which are the scenic routes that I should take during my entire 9 day trip?
3. I can only do a couple of short hikes/treks during my trip so which ones should I go for?
4. Any other Tips and Tricks to make my vacation more enjoyable ?
Google Map link
9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 2 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 3 Road Trip SW
- 4 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 5 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 6 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 7 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 8 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 9 Fancy dining
- 10 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 11 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 12 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 13 Charlotte restaurant help
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 16 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 17 Itinerary opinions
- 18 moving to florida
- 19 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 20 Alaska railroad?
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 23 culpepper
- 24 NYC Clubs for live music
- 25 Mesa Verde