I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . My main objective is to enjoy the scenic drives, do landscape/nature/night photography and see wildlife (if around). And maybe a couple of short (3-4 mile roundtrip) hikes
I am yet to make any bookings so wanted to close down on my below mentioned tentative itinerary. I truly understand that I may just be “touching” upon the places, so still trying to make the best achievable and enjoyable plan !!
NOTE : I am totally open to doing the below mentioned itinerary in reverse, since it may be easier on my budget, considering the one way car rentals etc. Would appreciate suggestions on that as well
Day 0 – Land SFO at Night
Day 1 – Big Sur, Yosemite
Day 2 – Yosemite
Day 3 – Yosemite, Lake Tahoe
Day 4 – Lake Tahoe, Napa, Redwood
Day 5 – Crater Lake NP
Day 6 – Cannon Beach, Mt. Rainier
Day 7 – Mt. Rainier
Day 8 – Olympic NP
Day 9 - Olympic NP, Return flight from Seattle at late night
Apart from this, I have the following queries as well :
1. Doesn’t it make sense to do this trip North (Seattle) to South (SFO), since then I will be driving with the coast on my side of the road ?
2. Which are the scenic routes that I should take during my entire 9 day trip?
3. I can only do a couple of short hikes/treks during my trip so which ones should I go for?
4. Any other Tips and Tricks to make my vacation more enjoyable ?
Google Map link
9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 3 Orlando to Savannah
- 4 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 5 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 6 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 7 Dinner in Miami
- 8 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 9 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 10 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 11 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 12 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 13 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 14 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 17 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 18 Tipping advice
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 Christmas weather?
- 24 Big island itinerary
- 25 New York City and New England