Early/mid July we will be flying to Portland. During the trip we'll visit Lewis&Clark U, have a meal with a cousin, and hopefully meet up with a Seattle friend at Mt. St Helens if it's clear. Get a feel for Portland, beautiful scenery, at least one lighthouse, Crater Lake for sure, not difficult hikes the main agenda. Willing to forgo wineries, and mild whitewater rafting, but I love sand dunes. We're willing to stay in 3 locations. Was thinking Cannon Beach and Bend, but seems so far from Florence. Not sure logistically what routes to take, e.g. day trip to Columbia Gorge, waterfalls, Mt Hood and back to Portland? Want to be realistic and enjoy rather than worrying about getting to the next site. Thanks!
9 day itinerary with teens start/end Portland
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 2 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 3 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 4 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 5 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 6 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 7 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 8 NYC taxi vs car service
- 9 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 10 rain in Kauai
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 13 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Wedding in Hawaii
- 17 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 18 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 21 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 22 San Fransisco to LA
- 23 Where to go in Maine?
- 24 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,