Early/mid July we will be flying to Portland. During the trip we'll visit Lewis&Clark U, have a meal with a cousin, and hopefully meet up with a Seattle friend at Mt. St Helens if it's clear. Get a feel for Portland, beautiful scenery, at least one lighthouse, Crater Lake for sure, not difficult hikes the main agenda. Willing to forgo wineries, and mild whitewater rafting, but I love sand dunes. We're willing to stay in 3 locations. Was thinking Cannon Beach and Bend, but seems so far from Florence. Not sure logistically what routes to take, e.g. day trip to Columbia Gorge, waterfalls, Mt Hood and back to Portland? Want to be realistic and enjoy rather than worrying about getting to the next site. Thanks!
9 day itinerary with teens start/end Portland
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 2 Getting to Key West
- 3 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 4 New Orleans Motel Question
- 5 Broadway Banter - Winter 2010 - 11
- 6 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 7 bachelors degree
- 8 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 9 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 10 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 11 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 12 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 13 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 14 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 15 West Maui Restaurants
- 16 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 17 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 18 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 20 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 21 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 22 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 23 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 24 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 25 Happy Hour