Early/mid July we will be flying to Portland. During the trip we'll visit Lewis&Clark U, have a meal with a cousin, and hopefully meet up with a Seattle friend at Mt. St Helens if it's clear. Get a feel for Portland, beautiful scenery, at least one lighthouse, Crater Lake for sure, not difficult hikes the main agenda. Willing to forgo wineries, and mild whitewater rafting, but I love sand dunes. We're willing to stay in 3 locations. Was thinking Cannon Beach and Bend, but seems so far from Florence. Not sure logistically what routes to take, e.g. day trip to Columbia Gorge, waterfalls, Mt Hood and back to Portland? Want to be realistic and enjoy rather than worrying about getting to the next site. Thanks!
9 day itinerary with teens start/end Portland
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 2 Universal studios/Orlando
- 3 USA with a 3 year old
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Wedding venue in NH
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Alaska
- 17 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 18 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 19 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 20 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 21 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 22 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 23 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 24 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 25 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?