My partner and I are in the beginning of planning our summer vacation from Eugene, OR to Crater Lake and Redwood NP/Humboldt SP, CA and could use some tips on scenic routes, economic lodging, and "don't miss" stops. We often view sights from the car, but are also up for some short hikes (less than 2 miles round trip). How much in-park time should we allow for Redwood NP and Crater Lake, each? We are concerned about underestimating the time needed for each park to ensure we see the highlights. As part of the driving loop . . . if choosing between Grants Pass Hwy 199 or seeing the southern OR coast along Hwy 101, which is suggested? Any suggestions in general and/or possible itineraries would be helpful (flying out of Eugene on 9th day).
8 day Eugene/Crater Lake/Redwood NP/Humboldt NP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 11 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 12 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 13 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Denver in a half day
- 22 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 23 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 24 Oahu ideas
- 25 Grand Circle & Wyoming