My partner and I are in the beginning of planning our summer vacation from Eugene, OR to Crater Lake and Redwood NP/Humboldt SP, CA and could use some tips on scenic routes, economic lodging, and "don't miss" stops. We often view sights from the car, but are also up for some short hikes (less than 2 miles round trip). How much in-park time should we allow for Redwood NP and Crater Lake, each? We are concerned about underestimating the time needed for each park to ensure we see the highlights. As part of the driving loop . . . if choosing between Grants Pass Hwy 199 or seeing the southern OR coast along Hwy 101, which is suggested? Any suggestions in general and/or possible itineraries would be helpful (flying out of Eugene on 9th day).
8 day Eugene/Crater Lake/Redwood NP/Humboldt NP
View all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 3 St. Augustine, Florida
- 4 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 7 Fripp island
- 8 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 9 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 10 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 11 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 12 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 13 Where should I move to?
- 14 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 17 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 18 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 19 Hotel near Public Theater
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 hotel near Met NYC
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Oahu Information