My partner and I are in the beginning of planning our summer vacation from Eugene, OR to Crater Lake and Redwood NP/Humboldt SP, CA and could use some tips on scenic routes, economic lodging, and "don't miss" stops. We often view sights from the car, but are also up for some short hikes (less than 2 miles round trip). How much in-park time should we allow for Redwood NP and Crater Lake, each? We are concerned about underestimating the time needed for each park to ensure we see the highlights. As part of the driving loop . . . if choosing between Grants Pass Hwy 199 or seeing the southern OR coast along Hwy 101, which is suggested? Any suggestions in general and/or possible itineraries would be helpful (flying out of Eugene on 9th day).
8 day Eugene/Crater Lake/Redwood NP/Humboldt NP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 charleston during Christmas Week
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?