Heading to Hawaii later this year and looking for people's feedback. What I have right now are two round trip tickets to Honolulu from Pittsburgh. I have been changing my mind a ton on this but had thought to give Oahu its fair due and do the seven nights there. But I would love to see Kauai too. I'm not interested in changing the tickets so we'll be flying in and out of Oahu regardless of what I ultimately decide.
I know on the entire island of Oahu there would be tons to keep me busy for the week. However, would it be asinine to fly to Oahu, connect to Kauai, spend the five nights there, fly back to Oahu and do the remaining 2 nights there (namely to see Pearl Harbor).
I visited Maui a couple of years ago, had six nights total and was coming from the East Coast.
I know that the inter island flights are very short (45 minutes ish) but I'm "world weary enough" to know that anything can be delayed with air travel today so I'm wondering if the idea of trying to do 2 islands in 7 nights is ludicrous. I'm a seasoned traveler and used to long flights, packing a lot in. At least for the Oahu portion if I did the 2 nights I wouldn't go overboard with the cramming of activities. From Pittsburgh to Oahu we have a connection each way so going out would involve three flights total which is a bit mentally daunting to me
Anybody else's experiences?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NFR Live Stream National Finals Rodeo Live Online 2016
- 2 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 3 Ideas for New York
- 4 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 5 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 6 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 7 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 8 Help us choose a hotel
- 9 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 10 Honeymoon on PCH
- 11 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 12 Magic Show
- 13 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 14 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 15 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 16 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 17 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 18 Staying outside DC
- 19 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 20 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 21 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 22 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 23 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 24 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 25 Kauai for a group over New Years