Heading to Hawaii later this year and looking for people's feedback. What I have right now are two round trip tickets to Honolulu from Pittsburgh. I have been changing my mind a ton on this but had thought to give Oahu its fair due and do the seven nights there. But I would love to see Kauai too. I'm not interested in changing the tickets so we'll be flying in and out of Oahu regardless of what I ultimately decide.
I know on the entire island of Oahu there would be tons to keep me busy for the week. However, would it be asinine to fly to Oahu, connect to Kauai, spend the five nights there, fly back to Oahu and do the remaining 2 nights there (namely to see Pearl Harbor).
I visited Maui a couple of years ago, had six nights total and was coming from the East Coast.
I know that the inter island flights are very short (45 minutes ish) but I'm "world weary enough" to know that anything can be delayed with air travel today so I'm wondering if the idea of trying to do 2 islands in 7 nights is ludicrous. I'm a seasoned traveler and used to long flights, packing a lot in. At least for the Oahu portion if I did the 2 nights I wouldn't go overboard with the cramming of activities. From Pittsburgh to Oahu we have a connection each way so going out would involve three flights total which is a bit mentally daunting to me
Anybody else's experiences?
7 nights too short a time for 2 islands?
- 1 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 2 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 3 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 8 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 9 Madison Square Garden
- 10 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 11 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 12 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 15 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 16 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 17 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 18 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 21 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 24 St. Augustine, Florida
- 25 San Antonio