Heading to Hawaii later this year and looking for people's feedback. What I have right now are two round trip tickets to Honolulu from Pittsburgh. I have been changing my mind a ton on this but had thought to give Oahu its fair due and do the seven nights there. But I would love to see Kauai too. I'm not interested in changing the tickets so we'll be flying in and out of Oahu regardless of what I ultimately decide.
I know on the entire island of Oahu there would be tons to keep me busy for the week. However, would it be asinine to fly to Oahu, connect to Kauai, spend the five nights there, fly back to Oahu and do the remaining 2 nights there (namely to see Pearl Harbor).
I visited Maui a couple of years ago, had six nights total and was coming from the East Coast.
I know that the inter island flights are very short (45 minutes ish) but I'm "world weary enough" to know that anything can be delayed with air travel today so I'm wondering if the idea of trying to do 2 islands in 7 nights is ludicrous. I'm a seasoned traveler and used to long flights, packing a lot in. At least for the Oahu portion if I did the 2 nights I wouldn't go overboard with the cramming of activities. From Pittsburgh to Oahu we have a connection each way so going out would involve three flights total which is a bit mentally daunting to me
Anybody else's experiences?
7 nights too short a time for 2 islands?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 5 Washington, DC to Boston
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 San Diego Trip Report
- 8 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 9 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 10 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?