Heading to Hawaii later this year and looking for people's feedback. What I have right now are two round trip tickets to Honolulu from Pittsburgh. I have been changing my mind a ton on this but had thought to give Oahu its fair due and do the seven nights there. But I would love to see Kauai too. I'm not interested in changing the tickets so we'll be flying in and out of Oahu regardless of what I ultimately decide.
I know on the entire island of Oahu there would be tons to keep me busy for the week. However, would it be asinine to fly to Oahu, connect to Kauai, spend the five nights there, fly back to Oahu and do the remaining 2 nights there (namely to see Pearl Harbor).
I visited Maui a couple of years ago, had six nights total and was coming from the East Coast.
I know that the inter island flights are very short (45 minutes ish) but I'm "world weary enough" to know that anything can be delayed with air travel today so I'm wondering if the idea of trying to do 2 islands in 7 nights is ludicrous. I'm a seasoned traveler and used to long flights, packing a lot in. At least for the Oahu portion if I did the 2 nights I wouldn't go overboard with the cramming of activities. From Pittsburgh to Oahu we have a connection each way so going out would involve three flights total which is a bit mentally daunting to me
Anybody else's experiences?
7 nights too short a time for 2 islands?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 2 Key West Hotel in January
- 3 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 los angeles restaurants
- 6 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 West Maui Restaurants
- 9 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 10 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 11 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 12 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 13 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 14 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 15 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 18 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 19 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 20 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 San Diego Little Italy
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?