Heading to Hawaii later this year and looking for people's feedback. What I have right now are two round trip tickets to Honolulu from Pittsburgh. I have been changing my mind a ton on this but had thought to give Oahu its fair due and do the seven nights there. But I would love to see Kauai too. I'm not interested in changing the tickets so we'll be flying in and out of Oahu regardless of what I ultimately decide.
I know on the entire island of Oahu there would be tons to keep me busy for the week. However, would it be asinine to fly to Oahu, connect to Kauai, spend the five nights there, fly back to Oahu and do the remaining 2 nights there (namely to see Pearl Harbor).
I visited Maui a couple of years ago, had six nights total and was coming from the East Coast.
I know that the inter island flights are very short (45 minutes ish) but I'm "world weary enough" to know that anything can be delayed with air travel today so I'm wondering if the idea of trying to do 2 islands in 7 nights is ludicrous. I'm a seasoned traveler and used to long flights, packing a lot in. At least for the Oahu portion if I did the 2 nights I wouldn't go overboard with the cramming of activities. From Pittsburgh to Oahu we have a connection each way so going out would involve three flights total which is a bit mentally daunting to me
Anybody else's experiences?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking a Good Call Girl Service in Jayanagar Bangalore
- 2 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 3 Education for higher school
- 4 NYC For The Day
- 5 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 6 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 7 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 8 9-10 day trip to WA
- 9 Atlanta With Toddler
- 10 Turo?
- 11 USA family tour
- 12 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 13 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 14 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 15 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 16 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 17 Kauai planning help
- 18 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 19 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 20 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 21 California Trip
- 22 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 23 Need help nailing down the details
- 24 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 25 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean