Heading to Hawaii later this year and looking for people's feedback. What I have right now are two round trip tickets to Honolulu from Pittsburgh. I have been changing my mind a ton on this but had thought to give Oahu its fair due and do the seven nights there. But I would love to see Kauai too. I'm not interested in changing the tickets so we'll be flying in and out of Oahu regardless of what I ultimately decide.
I know on the entire island of Oahu there would be tons to keep me busy for the week. However, would it be asinine to fly to Oahu, connect to Kauai, spend the five nights there, fly back to Oahu and do the remaining 2 nights there (namely to see Pearl Harbor).
I visited Maui a couple of years ago, had six nights total and was coming from the East Coast.
I know that the inter island flights are very short (45 minutes ish) but I'm "world weary enough" to know that anything can be delayed with air travel today so I'm wondering if the idea of trying to do 2 islands in 7 nights is ludicrous. I'm a seasoned traveler and used to long flights, packing a lot in. At least for the Oahu portion if I did the 2 nights I wouldn't go overboard with the cramming of activities. From Pittsburgh to Oahu we have a connection each way so going out would involve three flights total which is a bit mentally daunting to me
Anybody else's experiences?
7 nights too short a time for 2 islands?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Timeshare Nightmares
- 2 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 7 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 8 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 9 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 10 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 11 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 14 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 15 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 16 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants