Heading to Hawaii later this year and looking for people's feedback. What I have right now are two round trip tickets to Honolulu from Pittsburgh. I have been changing my mind a ton on this but had thought to give Oahu its fair due and do the seven nights there. But I would love to see Kauai too. I'm not interested in changing the tickets so we'll be flying in and out of Oahu regardless of what I ultimately decide.
I know on the entire island of Oahu there would be tons to keep me busy for the week. However, would it be asinine to fly to Oahu, connect to Kauai, spend the five nights there, fly back to Oahu and do the remaining 2 nights there (namely to see Pearl Harbor).
I visited Maui a couple of years ago, had six nights total and was coming from the East Coast.
I know that the inter island flights are very short (45 minutes ish) but I'm "world weary enough" to know that anything can be delayed with air travel today so I'm wondering if the idea of trying to do 2 islands in 7 nights is ludicrous. I'm a seasoned traveler and used to long flights, packing a lot in. At least for the Oahu portion if I did the 2 nights I wouldn't go overboard with the cramming of activities. From Pittsburgh to Oahu we have a connection each way so going out would involve three flights total which is a bit mentally daunting to me
Anybody else's experiences?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Yellowstone
- 2 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 3 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 4 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 5 USA Round trip 2018
- 6 New Orleans Hotels
- 7 Where locals eat - Charleston, South Carolina
- 8 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 9 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 10 Hilton Head
- 11 Best beach destination with kids in August?
- 12 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 13 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 14 4 Days in LV
- 15 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 16 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 17 DC - WW2 flyover
- 18 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 19 Fun stop between Virginia Beach and Wintergreen
- 20 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 21 Savannah visit
- 22 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 23 Camping in the Black Hills
- 24 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 25 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc