Mid April we are heading to SF for 2 nights then we have a campervan we have rented for a week. We have one free day and night possibly to head to Lake Tahoe?
Or somewhere else worth visiting?!?
Then we have booked 3 nights at Lower Pines and 2 nights at Wawona on the campsites.
Then one more free night to play with before returning the camper to SF.
My questions are:
Bearing in mind the Tioga Pass will be closed what is the route to Yosemite and would going to Lake Tahoe enroute be possible or should we think of an alternative stop?
Any suggestions of somewhere to stay on the way back to SF or a reasonable detour?
We are travelling with our 18mnth old daughter so looking for natural beauty and places of interest rather than nightlife.
Thank you in advance.
7 days SF-LT-Yosemite
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 7 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?