Mid April we are heading to SF for 2 nights then we have a campervan we have rented for a week. We have one free day and night possibly to head to Lake Tahoe?
Or somewhere else worth visiting?!?
Then we have booked 3 nights at Lower Pines and 2 nights at Wawona on the campsites.
Then one more free night to play with before returning the camper to SF.
My questions are:
Bearing in mind the Tioga Pass will be closed what is the route to Yosemite and would going to Lake Tahoe enroute be possible or should we think of an alternative stop?
Any suggestions of somewhere to stay on the way back to SF or a reasonable detour?
We are travelling with our 18mnth old daughter so looking for natural beauty and places of interest rather than nightlife.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 2 California road trip
- 3 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 6 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 7 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 8 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 9 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 10 Moving to Montana
- 11 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 12 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 13 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 14 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 15 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 16 Oregon Coast question
- 17 Savanah GA
- 18 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 19 Florida with a 2 year old
- 20 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 21 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 22 Colorado itinerary
- 23 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 24 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 25 Yellowstone NP planning questions