Mid April we are heading to SF for 2 nights then we have a campervan we have rented for a week. We have one free day and night possibly to head to Lake Tahoe?
Or somewhere else worth visiting?!?
Then we have booked 3 nights at Lower Pines and 2 nights at Wawona on the campsites.
Then one more free night to play with before returning the camper to SF.
My questions are:
Bearing in mind the Tioga Pass will be closed what is the route to Yosemite and would going to Lake Tahoe enroute be possible or should we think of an alternative stop?
Any suggestions of somewhere to stay on the way back to SF or a reasonable detour?
We are travelling with our 18mnth old daughter so looking for natural beauty and places of interest rather than nightlife.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 2 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 3 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 4 Glacier National Park
- 5 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 6 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 7 Vegas with toddler twins
- 8 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 9 Traveling Alone
- 10 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 11 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 12 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 13 Arizona in late January
- 14 New Mexico in May
- 15 Las Vegas Vacation
- 16 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 17 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 18 disneyland
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Family road trip Washington DC-Stuart, Florida
- 21 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 22 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 23 OHare car service north suburbs
- 24 California Coast in January
- 25 Key West