Mid April we are heading to SF for 2 nights then we have a campervan we have rented for a week. We have one free day and night possibly to head to Lake Tahoe?
Or somewhere else worth visiting?!?
Then we have booked 3 nights at Lower Pines and 2 nights at Wawona on the campsites.
Then one more free night to play with before returning the camper to SF.
My questions are:
Bearing in mind the Tioga Pass will be closed what is the route to Yosemite and would going to Lake Tahoe enroute be possible or should we think of an alternative stop?
Any suggestions of somewhere to stay on the way back to SF or a reasonable detour?
We are travelling with our 18mnth old daughter so looking for natural beauty and places of interest rather than nightlife.
Thank you in advance.
7 days SF-LT-Yosemite
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip
- 2 Savanah Sojourn
- 3 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 4 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 5 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 6 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 9 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 10 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 11 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 12 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 13 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 14 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 ONP help
- 17 Seattle: Something Different?
- 18 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 19 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 20 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 21 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 22 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 23 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 24 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel