Mid April we are heading to SF for 2 nights then we have a campervan we have rented for a week. We have one free day and night possibly to head to Lake Tahoe?
Or somewhere else worth visiting?!?
Then we have booked 3 nights at Lower Pines and 2 nights at Wawona on the campsites.
Then one more free night to play with before returning the camper to SF.
My questions are:
Bearing in mind the Tioga Pass will be closed what is the route to Yosemite and would going to Lake Tahoe enroute be possible or should we think of an alternative stop?
Any suggestions of somewhere to stay on the way back to SF or a reasonable detour?
We are travelling with our 18mnth old daughter so looking for natural beauty and places of interest rather than nightlife.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 2 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 3 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 4 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 5 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 6 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 7 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 10 Northwest Car Trip
- 11 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 12 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 13 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 14 Northwest Passage
- 15 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 16 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 17 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 18 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 19 Sonoma
- 20 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 21 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 22 Alaska cruise
- 23 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 24 101 closure
- 25 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises