I'm looking for suggestions on a 7-8 day road trip that my husband and I are taking with my parents. We had originally planned a family vacation in Disney World, but due to an unexpected injury, my grandparents had to cancel at the last minute. We decided to just take a (quasi) impromptu trip down the coast. My husband and I are boarding a cruise in Fort Lauderdale on May 26th so our plan is to end the trip with my parents there and they will fly back to Kentucky and we will board our ship and leave our car in long term parking.
I've agreed to not plan every single detail (I'm a horribly chronic planner and this is killing me!) but I would still like to have a route in mind and perhaps some "must-sees" that we shouldn't miss.
Currently we are considering the following route, but I feel like I may be over extending us a bit. Any suggestions are extremely welcome and appreciated:
Leave Mayfield, KY on 5/17
Head towards The Outer Banks
From the Outer Banks, start heading down the coast stopping at:
While slowly making our way to Fort Lauderdale
I am aware that hitting all those points may not be feasible, but that's where you guys come in!
I have considered purcashing a Road Trip USA book on Amazon and just winging it as well.
What are your thoughts?
7 Day Road Trip down Southeast Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Richmond highlights?
- 2 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 3 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 4 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 5 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 6 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 7 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 10 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 11 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 12 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 13 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 14 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 15 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 16 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 17 Breckenridge in October
- 18 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 19 Washington DC in Spring?
- 20 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 21 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 22 Must Eats
- 23 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 24 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 25 Florida St George's Island