I'm looking for suggestions on a 7-8 day road trip that my husband and I are taking with my parents. We had originally planned a family vacation in Disney World, but due to an unexpected injury, my grandparents had to cancel at the last minute. We decided to just take a (quasi) impromptu trip down the coast. My husband and I are boarding a cruise in Fort Lauderdale on May 26th so our plan is to end the trip with my parents there and they will fly back to Kentucky and we will board our ship and leave our car in long term parking.
I've agreed to not plan every single detail (I'm a horribly chronic planner and this is killing me!) but I would still like to have a route in mind and perhaps some "must-sees" that we shouldn't miss.
Currently we are considering the following route, but I feel like I may be over extending us a bit. Any suggestions are extremely welcome and appreciated:
Leave Mayfield, KY on 5/17
Head towards The Outer Banks
From the Outer Banks, start heading down the coast stopping at:
While slowly making our way to Fort Lauderdale
I am aware that hitting all those points may not be feasible, but that's where you guys come in!
I have considered purcashing a Road Trip USA book on Amazon and just winging it as well.
What are your thoughts?
7 Day Road Trip down Southeast Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 3 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 4 Denver 1 day in denver
- 5 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 6 Burlington VT day trip
- 7 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 8 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 11 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 12 Driving Chgo- Denver,things to see on way, where to stop
- 13 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 14 Denver to Ouray
- 15 Three days to explore Denver & Boulder - where to stay?
- 16 Three day colorado summer trip (Denver-RMNP, Colorado springs)
- 17 Denver-Taos-Santa Fe-Durango/Mesa Verde
- 18 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 19 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 20 San Francisco - mid October
- 21 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 24 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 25 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?