I'm looking for suggestions on a 7-8 day road trip that my husband and I are taking with my parents. We had originally planned a family vacation in Disney World, but due to an unexpected injury, my grandparents had to cancel at the last minute. We decided to just take a (quasi) impromptu trip down the coast. My husband and I are boarding a cruise in Fort Lauderdale on May 26th so our plan is to end the trip with my parents there and they will fly back to Kentucky and we will board our ship and leave our car in long term parking.
I've agreed to not plan every single detail (I'm a horribly chronic planner and this is killing me!) but I would still like to have a route in mind and perhaps some "must-sees" that we shouldn't miss.
Currently we are considering the following route, but I feel like I may be over extending us a bit. Any suggestions are extremely welcome and appreciated:
Leave Mayfield, KY on 5/17
Head towards The Outer Banks
From the Outer Banks, start heading down the coast stopping at:
While slowly making our way to Fort Lauderdale
I am aware that hitting all those points may not be feasible, but that's where you guys come in!
I have considered purcashing a Road Trip USA book on Amazon and just winging it as well.
What are your thoughts?
7 Day Road Trip down Southeast Coast
- 1 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 2 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 RIP Judy Rogers
- 5 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 6 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 7 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 8 Boston area
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 14 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 15 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 16 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 17 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 18 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 19 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 20 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 21 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 22 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 25 San Diego Desert Trip in January