Im going to be in Tennessee to study for a few weks in June so have decided to try and see a bit of the USA afterwards! I have around 6 weeks free in which I need to get from Knoxville to San Francisco and would like to visit New Orleans, but other than that im pretty flexible. I plan to travel by Greyhound/Amtrak and will be travelling alone.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about which places to visit and stay and tips for travelling alone? All tips will be much appreciated, this is my first trip alone so I need as much help as I can get!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 2 Hotels in San Diego
- 3 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 4 Steamboat in August
- 5 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 6 Cape cod Labor Day
- 7 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 8 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 9 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 10 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 11 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 12 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 13 US Open Tennis
- 14 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 15 Hawaii with limited time
- 16 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 17 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 18 Grand Teton Questions
- 19 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 20 Your favourite places in New York City
- 21 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 22 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 23 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 24 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 25 One night one day in dallas accommodation