Im going to be in Tennessee to study for a few weks in June so have decided to try and see a bit of the USA afterwards! I have around 6 weeks free in which I need to get from Knoxville to San Francisco and would like to visit New Orleans, but other than that im pretty flexible. I plan to travel by Greyhound/Amtrak and will be travelling alone.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about which places to visit and stay and tips for travelling alone? All tips will be much appreciated, this is my first trip alone so I need as much help as I can get!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 2 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 3 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM
- 4 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 5 Pacific Coast Drive, San Francisco to Seattle
- 6 Grade 12 subjects
- 7 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 8 Bugs on Sanibel Island
- 9 Southwest Colorado and beetle kill
- 10 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 11 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 12 NJ to Florida drive
- 13 Kauai in November
- 14 Blue Whale Inn, RI
- 15 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 16 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 17 what western states to spend the most time in
- 18 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 19 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 20 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 21 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 22 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 23 Alcatraz Tour in SF
- 24 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 25 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November