Im going to be in Tennessee to study for a few weks in June so have decided to try and see a bit of the USA afterwards! I have around 6 weeks free in which I need to get from Knoxville to San Francisco and would like to visit New Orleans, but other than that im pretty flexible. I plan to travel by Greyhound/Amtrak and will be travelling alone.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about which places to visit and stay and tips for travelling alone? All tips will be much appreciated, this is my first trip alone so I need as much help as I can get!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 2 Cross country tips
- 3 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 4 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 5 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 6 Parka in PA during February?
- 7 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 8 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 9 Ideas for New York
- 10 Back from the Big Easy
- 11 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 12 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 13 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 14 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 15 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 16 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 17 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 18 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 19 IAH to HOU Questions
- 20 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 21 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 22 Jazzfest side trips
- 23 March in New Mexico
- 24 No Spam this morning!!
- 25 San Francisco transit options