Im going to be in Tennessee to study for a few weks in June so have decided to try and see a bit of the USA afterwards! I have around 6 weeks free in which I need to get from Knoxville to San Francisco and would like to visit New Orleans, but other than that im pretty flexible. I plan to travel by Greyhound/Amtrak and will be travelling alone.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about which places to visit and stay and tips for travelling alone? All tips will be much appreciated, this is my first trip alone so I need as much help as I can get!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC with kids
- 2 Trip to northern California
- 3 5 days in Colorado
- 4 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 5 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 6 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 7 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 8 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 9 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 10 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 11 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 12 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 13 Safety Concerns
- 14 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 15 Sedona for a Month
- 16 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 17 Alaska -public transport
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 20 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 21 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 22 Southwest road trip
- 23 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 24 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 25 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter