Im going to be in Tennessee to study for a few weks in June so have decided to try and see a bit of the USA afterwards! I have around 6 weeks free in which I need to get from Knoxville to San Francisco and would like to visit New Orleans, but other than that im pretty flexible. I plan to travel by Greyhound/Amtrak and will be travelling alone.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about which places to visit and stay and tips for travelling alone? All tips will be much appreciated, this is my first trip alone so I need as much help as I can get!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 2 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 3 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 4 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 5 FLL to Key West
- 6 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 7 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 8 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 9 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 10 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 11 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 12 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 13 Got error in dell printer 016-302
- 14 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 15 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 16 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 17 New Itinerary
- 18 Las vegas and nearby
- 19 Cape Cod trip report
- 20 Itin help - West / Grand Canyon
- 21 Napa & Sonoma - Winery Suggestions
- 22 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 23 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 24 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 25 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!