Im going to be in Tennessee to study for a few weks in June so have decided to try and see a bit of the USA afterwards! I have around 6 weeks free in which I need to get from Knoxville to San Francisco and would like to visit New Orleans, but other than that im pretty flexible. I plan to travel by Greyhound/Amtrak and will be travelling alone.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about which places to visit and stay and tips for travelling alone? All tips will be much appreciated, this is my first trip alone so I need as much help as I can get!
6 weeks to do Knoxville-San Francisco
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 Grapefruit, lemon, orange, tangerine, lime
- 3 N California trip questions
- 4 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 5 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 6 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 7 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 8 Monterey and Napa
- 9 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 10 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 11 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 12 New England in the fall
- 13 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 14 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 15 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 16 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 17 Looking for Next Destination
- 18 Worst Restaurants in America
- 19 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 20 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 21 Fall color yet?
- 22 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 23 Yosemite Lodging
- 24 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 25 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please