Im going to be in Tennessee to study for a few weks in June so have decided to try and see a bit of the USA afterwards! I have around 6 weeks free in which I need to get from Knoxville to San Francisco and would like to visit New Orleans, but other than that im pretty flexible. I plan to travel by Greyhound/Amtrak and will be travelling alone.
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about which places to visit and stay and tips for travelling alone? All tips will be much appreciated, this is my first trip alone so I need as much help as I can get!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 2 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 3 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 4 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 5 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 6 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 7 Northern California Gardens.
- 8 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 9 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 10 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 11 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 12 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 13 Florida with a 2 year old
- 14 Train from east cost to west coast
- 15 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 16 Route 66
- 17 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 18 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 19 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 20 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 21 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 22 Arches or Zion?
- 23 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 24 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 25 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte