We're a group of 8 doing Alaska for 6 days this July. We've come up with an itinerary and wanted input/advice from you guys. Any info is appreciated as this is our first trip to AK.
Day 1: Anchorage to Denali, with stops along the way and at Talkeetna for Glacier landing near Mt McKinley
Day 2 & 3: Denali National Park; Hikes, wildlife and Denali Wonder lake
Day 4: Drive Denali to Anchorage, spend evening and night in Anchorage
Day 5 & 6: Drive to Seward and back to Anchorage. Kenai Fjord cruise, Sea kayaking, Fishing and Exit glacier.
Is this doable? Are we missing anything thats a must see/do in Alaska? Is Seward better or Valdez for glaciers and kayaking?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seaside, California
- 2 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 3 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 4 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 5 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 6 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 7 Bed and Breakfast
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 10 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 11 What car service?
- 12 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 13 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 14 Denali
- 15 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 16 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 17 Maine in May?
- 18 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 19 New Years Eve in NYC
- 20 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 21 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 22 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 23 Cruise Ship Schedule by City
- 24 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 25 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR