We're a group of 8 doing Alaska for 6 days this July. We've come up with an itinerary and wanted input/advice from you guys. Any info is appreciated as this is our first trip to AK.
Day 1: Anchorage to Denali, with stops along the way and at Talkeetna for Glacier landing near Mt McKinley
Day 2 & 3: Denali National Park; Hikes, wildlife and Denali Wonder lake
Day 4: Drive Denali to Anchorage, spend evening and night in Anchorage
Day 5 & 6: Drive to Seward and back to Anchorage. Kenai Fjord cruise, Sea kayaking, Fishing and Exit glacier.
Is this doable? Are we missing anything thats a must see/do in Alaska? Is Seward better or Valdez for glaciers and kayaking?
6 day Alaska trip by RV
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 2 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 3 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 4 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 5 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 6 Where to from Tampa?
- 7 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 8 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 9 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 10 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 11 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 12 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 13 Is the New York subway safe?
- 14 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 15 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 16 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 17 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 18 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 19 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 20 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 21 Skiing New Mexico
- 22 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 23 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014