We're a group of 8 doing Alaska for 6 days this July. We've come up with an itinerary and wanted input/advice from you guys. Any info is appreciated as this is our first trip to AK.
Day 1: Anchorage to Denali, with stops along the way and at Talkeetna for Glacier landing near Mt McKinley
Day 2 & 3: Denali National Park; Hikes, wildlife and Denali Wonder lake
Day 4: Drive Denali to Anchorage, spend evening and night in Anchorage
Day 5 & 6: Drive to Seward and back to Anchorage. Kenai Fjord cruise, Sea kayaking, Fishing and Exit glacier.
Is this doable? Are we missing anything thats a must see/do in Alaska? Is Seward better or Valdez for glaciers and kayaking?
6 day Alaska trip by RV
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 2 Cape Cod in early April
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 united and carry-ons
- 7 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 8 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 9 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 10 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 15 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 16 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 17 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 18 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 19 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 20 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 21 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 22 Philadelphia
- 23 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 24 USA with a 3 year old
- 25 First family ski trip