After considering various views from Fodorers n elsewhere we decided on a road trip (bit crazy) for the memorial day weekend. Here is the trip itinerary...please suggest must visit places:
Friday: Raleigh - Indianapolis (10 hr drive & rest)
Saturday: Indianapolis - Chicago (should be a quick one) - Please suggest places in downtown for first time visit
Saturday night: Travel from Chicago - St. Louis (4 and half hrs drive & rest)
Sunday: Arch & Cathedral....let us know if we are missing any thing here.
Sunday night: St. Louis - Nashville (4 and half hrs drive & rest)
Monday morning: Pretty much open...thinking of driving via Mammoth Cave to Raleigh or via Asheville.
I know it is pretty crazy & tiresome but we want to keep it that way as a memory to laugh about in future
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Route Planning for East USA
- 2 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 3 Florida keys trip
- 4 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 5 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 6 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 7 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 8 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 9 How many states have you been to?
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 12 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 13 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 14 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 15 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 16 Skagway
- 17 Retiring in NM?
- 18 Chicago to Charleston
- 19 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 20 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 23 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 24 Honeymoon out west.
- 25 New Orleans to Memphis and back