After considering various views from Fodorers n elsewhere we decided on a road trip (bit crazy) for the memorial day weekend. Here is the trip itinerary...please suggest must visit places:
Friday: Raleigh - Indianapolis (10 hr drive & rest)
Saturday: Indianapolis - Chicago (should be a quick one) - Please suggest places in downtown for first time visit
Saturday night: Travel from Chicago - St. Louis (4 and half hrs drive & rest)
Sunday: Arch & Cathedral....let us know if we are missing any thing here.
Sunday night: St. Louis - Nashville (4 and half hrs drive & rest)
Monday morning: Pretty much open...thinking of driving via Mammoth Cave to Raleigh or via Asheville.
I know it is pretty crazy & tiresome but we want to keep it that way as a memory to laugh about in future
5 State memorial day round trip!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 2 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 5 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 6 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 7 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 8 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 9 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 10 San Fransisco to LA
- 11 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 12 Where to go in Maine?
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 rain in Kauai
- 15 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 16 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 17 WISCONSIN
- 18 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 19 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 20 Dining in D.C.
- 21 Jersey City Parking
- 22 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report