After considering various views from Fodorers n elsewhere we decided on a road trip (bit crazy) for the memorial day weekend. Here is the trip itinerary...please suggest must visit places:
Friday: Raleigh - Indianapolis (10 hr drive & rest)
Saturday: Indianapolis - Chicago (should be a quick one) - Please suggest places in downtown for first time visit
Saturday night: Travel from Chicago - St. Louis (4 and half hrs drive & rest)
Sunday: Arch & Cathedral....let us know if we are missing any thing here.
Sunday night: St. Louis - Nashville (4 and half hrs drive & rest)
Monday morning: Pretty much open...thinking of driving via Mammoth Cave to Raleigh or via Asheville.
I know it is pretty crazy & tiresome but we want to keep it that way as a memory to laugh about in future
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black History Museum
- 2 How much time in Badlands?
- 3 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 4 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 5 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 6 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 7 DC Restaurants
- 8 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 9 Short Oregon Trip
- 10 usa roadtrip
- 11 Hawaii and...where?
- 12 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 13 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 14 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 15 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 16 Chicago 2017
- 17 Christmas in Colorado
- 18 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 19 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 20 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 21 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 22 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 23 Marfa/Big Bend
- 24 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 25 JFK to Washington