After considering various views from Fodorers n elsewhere we decided on a road trip (bit crazy) for the memorial day weekend. Here is the trip itinerary...please suggest must visit places:
Friday: Raleigh - Indianapolis (10 hr drive & rest)
Saturday: Indianapolis - Chicago (should be a quick one) - Please suggest places in downtown for first time visit
Saturday night: Travel from Chicago - St. Louis (4 and half hrs drive & rest)
Sunday: Arch & Cathedral....let us know if we are missing any thing here.
Sunday night: St. Louis - Nashville (4 and half hrs drive & rest)
Monday morning: Pretty much open...thinking of driving via Mammoth Cave to Raleigh or via Asheville.
I know it is pretty crazy & tiresome but we want to keep it that way as a memory to laugh about in future
5 State memorial day round trip!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 2 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 3 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 4 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 5 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 6 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 7 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 9 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 10 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 11 Dinner in Miami
- 12 Orlando to Savannah
- 13 Tipping advice
- 14 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 17 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 18 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 19 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 20 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 21 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 22 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 23 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 24 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 25 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches