I currently live in Indiana and I am planning a trip back to Gore Range in mid July with my two sons (14 and 15). I was considering starting at the Gore Creek trail head and hiking for five days. I am planning on hiking to Gore Lake, Snow Lake, Red Buffalo Pass, summit Red Peak, then hike out on Eccles Pass and Meadow Creek Trail to the Meadow Creek Trailhead. I have only been to the Gore Range once and didn't have time to go beyond Gore Lake. I am just wondering if this route is my best option for the time I have or if there is a better / more scenic route I should consider taking. I just want this trip to be special for my sons and want to get the most out of our time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 day Gore Range hike
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oahu ideas
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 5 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 6 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 7 Best places to move to Florida?
- 8 West Coast Bound End of March
- 9 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 10 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 13 Key Largo, FL
- 14 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 15 Death Valley in June
- 16 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 17 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 18 San Diego grocery stores
- 19 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 21 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 22 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 23 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 24 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 25 Buy GoPro Hero3