I currently live in Indiana and I am planning a trip back to Gore Range in mid July with my two sons (14 and 15). I was considering starting at the Gore Creek trail head and hiking for five days. I am planning on hiking to Gore Lake, Snow Lake, Red Buffalo Pass, summit Red Peak, then hike out on Eccles Pass and Meadow Creek Trail to the Meadow Creek Trailhead. I have only been to the Gore Range once and didn't have time to go beyond Gore Lake. I am just wondering if this route is my best option for the time I have or if there is a better / more scenic route I should consider taking. I just want this trip to be special for my sons and want to get the most out of our time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 day Gore Range hike
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 7 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 8 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 12 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 13 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 14 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 20 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 21 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 22 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 23 Kennedy Space Center
- 24 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 25 Lunch with little girls UWS?