I currently live in Indiana and I am planning a trip back to Gore Range in mid July with my two sons (14 and 15). I was considering starting at the Gore Creek trail head and hiking for five days. I am planning on hiking to Gore Lake, Snow Lake, Red Buffalo Pass, summit Red Peak, then hike out on Eccles Pass and Meadow Creek Trail to the Meadow Creek Trailhead. I have only been to the Gore Range once and didn't have time to go beyond Gore Lake. I am just wondering if this route is my best option for the time I have or if there is a better / more scenic route I should consider taking. I just want this trip to be special for my sons and want to get the most out of our time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 day Gore Range hike
View all United States activity »
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 3 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 Biloxi questions again
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 16 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 17 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 22 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed