I currently live in Indiana and I am planning a trip back to Gore Range in mid July with my two sons (14 and 15). I was considering starting at the Gore Creek trail head and hiking for five days. I am planning on hiking to Gore Lake, Snow Lake, Red Buffalo Pass, summit Red Peak, then hike out on Eccles Pass and Meadow Creek Trail to the Meadow Creek Trailhead. I have only been to the Gore Range once and didn't have time to go beyond Gore Lake. I am just wondering if this route is my best option for the time I have or if there is a better / more scenic route I should consider taking. I just want this trip to be special for my sons and want to get the most out of our time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 day Gore Range hike
- 1 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 2 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 3 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 4 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 5 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 6 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 7 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 8 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 9 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 10 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 11 Boston and surrounding area
- 12 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 13 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 14 Newport, RI Questions
- 15 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 16 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 18 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 19 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 22 Seward to Anchorage
- 23 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 24 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 25 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC