I currently live in Indiana and I am planning a trip back to Gore Range in mid July with my two sons (14 and 15). I was considering starting at the Gore Creek trail head and hiking for five days. I am planning on hiking to Gore Lake, Snow Lake, Red Buffalo Pass, summit Red Peak, then hike out on Eccles Pass and Meadow Creek Trail to the Meadow Creek Trailhead. I have only been to the Gore Range once and didn't have time to go beyond Gore Lake. I am just wondering if this route is my best option for the time I have or if there is a better / more scenic route I should consider taking. I just want this trip to be special for my sons and want to get the most out of our time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 day Gore Range hike
- 1 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets
- 2 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 3 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 4 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 5 Columbus food !
- 6 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 7 One day in NYC
- 8 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 9 Updates from Hanalei
- 10 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 11 Trying To Find a Place
- 12 Holiday Parade/Pearl Harbor Day Parade Questions
- 13 Grand Rapids to Traverse City - Where to stop?
- 14 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 15 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 16 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 17 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 18 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 19 Blue ridge parkway
- 20 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 21 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 22 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 23 Minnesota State Fair
- 24 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 25 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?