I currently live in Indiana and I am planning a trip back to Gore Range in mid July with my two sons (14 and 15). I was considering starting at the Gore Creek trail head and hiking for five days. I am planning on hiking to Gore Lake, Snow Lake, Red Buffalo Pass, summit Red Peak, then hike out on Eccles Pass and Meadow Creek Trail to the Meadow Creek Trailhead. I have only been to the Gore Range once and didn't have time to go beyond Gore Lake. I am just wondering if this route is my best option for the time I have or if there is a better / more scenic route I should consider taking. I just want this trip to be special for my sons and want to get the most out of our time. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
5 day Gore Range hike
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 3 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 9 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 10 x mas
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 19 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 20 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach