This forum has always been of tremendous help to me. My brother in law turns 40 on 24th October. I am extremely close to him and would like to gift him a weekend getaway some where close to Princeton. It's a surprise (my sister knows about it).
They would be travelling with a four year old..
- beautiful, quiet romantic place (but not too boring for a four year old)
- the drive should not be more than two hours one way
- good scenic walks/ river walks etc a definite plus
- a place where they can relax (if it has an indoor pool even better).
I am looking to spend about $150/night. A little bit more or less would be fine. They would leave Princeton on 22nd night and be back on 24th.October.
I am really not familiar with this area...and that is why am asking in such an uninformed way. I am sorry about that.
Hope I will be able to book something for them soon....
40th birthday weekend getaway near Princeton
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 3 Back from Miami Beach
- 4 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 5 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 6 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 7 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 8 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 9 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 10 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 11 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 12 Exciting new play opening at DR 2 Theatre, New York City, on July 24 2014
- 13 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 14 Safari Desert Boots by Bata
- 15 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 16 Seattle: Something Different?
- 17 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas
- 18 looking for suggestions for quiet florida beach front panhandle stay
- 19 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 20 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 21 One Night in Dallas
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Current status of Tappan Zee Bridge - summer 2014?
- 24 San Diego - wher to stay
- 25 Seattle Needing some help please