This forum has always been of tremendous help to me. My brother in law turns 40 on 24th October. I am extremely close to him and would like to gift him a weekend getaway some where close to Princeton. It's a surprise (my sister knows about it).
They would be travelling with a four year old..
- beautiful, quiet romantic place (but not too boring for a four year old)
- the drive should not be more than two hours one way
- good scenic walks/ river walks etc a definite plus
- a place where they can relax (if it has an indoor pool even better).
I am looking to spend about $150/night. A little bit more or less would be fine. They would leave Princeton on 22nd night and be back on 24th.October.
I am really not familiar with this area...and that is why am asking in such an uninformed way. I am sorry about that.
Hope I will be able to book something for them soon....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 2 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 3 Napa Valley Hotel
- 4 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 5 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 6 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 7 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 8 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 9 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 10 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 11 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 12 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 13 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 14 Depot Bay OR
- 15 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 16 A June trip to Kauai
- 17 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 18 Across the United States by Train
- 19 Phone SIM
- 20 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 21 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 22 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 23 A day in Boston
- 24 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 25 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?