This forum has always been of tremendous help to me. My brother in law turns 40 on 24th October. I am extremely close to him and would like to gift him a weekend getaway some where close to Princeton. It's a surprise (my sister knows about it).
They would be travelling with a four year old..
- beautiful, quiet romantic place (but not too boring for a four year old)
- the drive should not be more than two hours one way
- good scenic walks/ river walks etc a definite plus
- a place where they can relax (if it has an indoor pool even better).
I am looking to spend about $150/night. A little bit more or less would be fine. They would leave Princeton on 22nd night and be back on 24th.October.
I am really not familiar with this area...and that is why am asking in such an uninformed way. I am sorry about that.
Hope I will be able to book something for them soon....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA, Trip to the south
- 2 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 3 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 4 How many states have you been to?
- 5 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 6 Honeymoon out west.
- 7 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 8 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 9 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 10 Carmel Monterey
- 11 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 12 Big Sure in June
- 13 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 14 Santa Fe Itineray
- 15 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 16 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 17 Roadtrip July 2017
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 20 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help