We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Antonio shopping
- 2 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 3 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 4 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 5 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 6 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 7 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 8 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 9 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 10 First Trip to New Mexico
- 11 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 12 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 15 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 16 Which island for R&R?
- 17 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 18 blue ridge parkway?
- 19 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 20 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 21 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 22 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 23 San Diego, mission valley
- 24 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 25 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver