We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 2 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 3 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 4 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 5 San Diego VRBO area
- 6 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 7 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 8 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 9 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 10 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 11 Colorado Shows Off
- 12 New England Tour
- 13 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 14 help me plan a Cali trip
- 15 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 16 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 17 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 18 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 19 Wilmington DE questions
- 20 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 21 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 22 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 23 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 24 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 25 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?