We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
4 nights in/near Denver with kids?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 4 los angeles restaurants
- 5 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 6 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 7 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 8 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 9 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 10 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 11 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 12 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 13 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 14 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 15 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 16 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 17 NW Houston restaurant help
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 19 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 20 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 21 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 22 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 23 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 24 charleston during Christmas Week
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach