We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
4 nights in/near Denver with kids?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 Best places to move to Florida?
- 7 West Coast Bound End of March
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 10 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 11 Oahu ideas
- 12 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 13 Key Largo, FL
- 14 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 15 Death Valley in June
- 16 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 17 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 18 San Diego grocery stores
- 19 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 21 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 22 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 23 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 24 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 25 Buy GoPro Hero3