We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 2 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 3 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 4 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 5 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 6 Newark to Paris
- 7 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 8 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 9 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 10 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 11 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 12 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 13 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 14 Napa Valley Hotel
- 15 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 16 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 17 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 18 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 19 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 20 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 21 Depot Bay OR
- 22 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 23 A June trip to Kauai
- 24 Across the United States by Train
- 25 Phone SIM