We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco transit options
- 2 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 5 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 6 Honeymoon on PCH
- 7 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 8 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 9 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 10 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 11 No Spam this morning!!
- 12 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 15 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 16 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 17 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 18 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 19 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 20 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 21 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 22 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 23 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 24 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 25 Help us choose a hotel