We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JUST : ROADRUNNER CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 Reset Password Technical SUPP0RT
- 2 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 3 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 4 Big Sur Help!!
- 5 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 6 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 7 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 8 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 9 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 10 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 11 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 12 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 13 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 14 Rules of the NY Subway
- 15 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 18 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 19 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 20 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 21 Las Vegas trip report
- 22 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 23 10 Days in Maine
- 24 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 25 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?