We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 2 Champaigne, Illinois
- 3 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 4 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 5 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 6 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 7 Farewell from Ira
- 8 Cashless Toll roads.
- 9 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 10 taking home sand
- 11 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 13 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 14 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 15 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 16 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 17 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 18 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 19 Back From Alaska
- 20 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 21 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 22 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 23 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 24 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 25 orlando need a car?