We will be in Denver for 4 nights in July 2013. We arrive late on the first night (flight gets in at 8:30, and it is a time change for us). After the 4th night, we will be getting on an Amtrak train leaving at 8:00 am. We are 2 adults & 2 children (9 & 7). I am looking for a suggested itinerary for the 3 full days that we will have to explore.
We are interested in seeing things that cannot be seen elsewhere (so do not necessary need to see aquariums or museums unless very unique).
Should we head to Estes Park, Boulder, somewhere else?
We are usually OK with moving around, so different hotels would be fine. I am assuming that we would rent a car at the airport & drop (somewhere???) before getting on the train.
I'm just in the beginning stages of planning, so any help & direction would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 2 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 3 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 4 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 5 WA to CT
- 6 L.A. and Sequoia
- 7 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 8 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 9 Maine weather and temps
- 10 Alcatrez sold out
- 11 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 12 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 13 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 14 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 15 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 16 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 17 Broadway
- 18 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 19 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 20 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 21 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 22 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 23 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 24 Need help planning....
- 25 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?