My daughter is working to put together a vacation to include myself, my 80 year old mother, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old granddaughter. We will be traveling from Nebraska and New York. My mother has double knee replacements and can not do a lot of walking. We think we would like to rent a home to accommodate us all. That way we can cook if we like, take day trips, or just relax and enjoy each others company. We are planning a week in late May, just before Memorial day week. Mom is susceptible to cold so we have to keep that in mind. We would like to show her some of the US that she hasn't experienced. It would be great if we could find somewhere that has natural attractions, historic town atmosphere, great restaurants, and maybe a bit of shopping. Mom is not much on museums or large crowds. We are not opposed to being on the beach, but it can't be the main event. Mom has lived in NE her entire life, she has been to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, New York, California, Yuma, AZ, and has driven from NE to NY & from NE to CA visiting along the way. As a child my parents took us to Yellowstone, Pikes Peak and Mount Rushmore, but my children have not been there. We are looking for ideas of great places that could satisfy the desires of 4 generations. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
4 Generations Hoping for Relaxing Vacation in Late May
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Destination in USA
- 2 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 3 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 4 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 5 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 6 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 7 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 8 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 9 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 10 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 11 x mas
- 12 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 13 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 14 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 15 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 16 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 18 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 19 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 20 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 21 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach