My daughter is working to put together a vacation to include myself, my 80 year old mother, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old granddaughter. We will be traveling from Nebraska and New York. My mother has double knee replacements and can not do a lot of walking. We think we would like to rent a home to accommodate us all. That way we can cook if we like, take day trips, or just relax and enjoy each others company. We are planning a week in late May, just before Memorial day week. Mom is susceptible to cold so we have to keep that in mind. We would like to show her some of the US that she hasn't experienced. It would be great if we could find somewhere that has natural attractions, historic town atmosphere, great restaurants, and maybe a bit of shopping. Mom is not much on museums or large crowds. We are not opposed to being on the beach, but it can't be the main event. Mom has lived in NE her entire life, she has been to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, New York, California, Yuma, AZ, and has driven from NE to NY & from NE to CA visiting along the way. As a child my parents took us to Yellowstone, Pikes Peak and Mount Rushmore, but my children have not been there. We are looking for ideas of great places that could satisfy the desires of 4 generations. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
4 Generations Hoping for Relaxing Vacation in Late May
- 1 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 2 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 3 Minnesota State Fair
- 4 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 5 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 6 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 7 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 8 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 9 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 10 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 11 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 12 Trying To Find a Place
- 13 Logan Express
- 14 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 15 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 16 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 17 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 18 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 19 One day in NYC
- 20 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 21 Columbus food !
- 22 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 23 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 24 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?
- 25 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii