My daughter is working to put together a vacation to include myself, my 80 year old mother, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old granddaughter. We will be traveling from Nebraska and New York. My mother has double knee replacements and can not do a lot of walking. We think we would like to rent a home to accommodate us all. That way we can cook if we like, take day trips, or just relax and enjoy each others company. We are planning a week in late May, just before Memorial day week. Mom is susceptible to cold so we have to keep that in mind. We would like to show her some of the US that she hasn't experienced. It would be great if we could find somewhere that has natural attractions, historic town atmosphere, great restaurants, and maybe a bit of shopping. Mom is not much on museums or large crowds. We are not opposed to being on the beach, but it can't be the main event. Mom has lived in NE her entire life, she has been to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, New York, California, Yuma, AZ, and has driven from NE to NY & from NE to CA visiting along the way. As a child my parents took us to Yellowstone, Pikes Peak and Mount Rushmore, but my children have not been there. We are looking for ideas of great places that could satisfy the desires of 4 generations. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
4 Generations Hoping for Relaxing Vacation in Late May
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 2 Yosemite in Winter
- 3 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 4 Active Vacation
- 5 Quick SoCal question
- 6 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 7 New England September
- 8 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 9 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 10 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 11 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 12 Tampa in February
- 13 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 14 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 15 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 16 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 17 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 18 NYC taxi vs car service
- 19 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 20 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 21 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 22 Austin Food Trucks
- 23 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 24 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 25 searching for urban master planned community