My daughter is working to put together a vacation to include myself, my 80 year old mother, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old granddaughter. We will be traveling from Nebraska and New York. My mother has double knee replacements and can not do a lot of walking. We think we would like to rent a home to accommodate us all. That way we can cook if we like, take day trips, or just relax and enjoy each others company. We are planning a week in late May, just before Memorial day week. Mom is susceptible to cold so we have to keep that in mind. We would like to show her some of the US that she hasn't experienced. It would be great if we could find somewhere that has natural attractions, historic town atmosphere, great restaurants, and maybe a bit of shopping. Mom is not much on museums or large crowds. We are not opposed to being on the beach, but it can't be the main event. Mom has lived in NE her entire life, she has been to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, New York, California, Yuma, AZ, and has driven from NE to NY & from NE to CA visiting along the way. As a child my parents took us to Yellowstone, Pikes Peak and Mount Rushmore, but my children have not been there. We are looking for ideas of great places that could satisfy the desires of 4 generations. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
4 Generations Hoping for Relaxing Vacation in Late May
View all United States activity »
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 3 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 4 One day in Washington DC
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 hotel near Met NYC
- 12 Key West on NYE
- 13 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 16 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 23 Oahu Information
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Wailea Maui Restaurants