My daughter is working to put together a vacation to include myself, my 80 year old mother, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old granddaughter. We will be traveling from Nebraska and New York. My mother has double knee replacements and can not do a lot of walking. We think we would like to rent a home to accommodate us all. That way we can cook if we like, take day trips, or just relax and enjoy each others company. We are planning a week in late May, just before Memorial day week. Mom is susceptible to cold so we have to keep that in mind. We would like to show her some of the US that she hasn't experienced. It would be great if we could find somewhere that has natural attractions, historic town atmosphere, great restaurants, and maybe a bit of shopping. Mom is not much on museums or large crowds. We are not opposed to being on the beach, but it can't be the main event. Mom has lived in NE her entire life, she has been to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, New York, California, Yuma, AZ, and has driven from NE to NY & from NE to CA visiting along the way. As a child my parents took us to Yellowstone, Pikes Peak and Mount Rushmore, but my children have not been there. We are looking for ideas of great places that could satisfy the desires of 4 generations. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
4 Generations Hoping for Relaxing Vacation in Late May
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 2 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 3 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper August 2014 on the Canadian board - Alberta
- 4 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 5 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 6 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 7 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 8 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 9 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 10 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 11 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 12 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 13 getting around DC
- 14 Metro Card Options
- 15 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 16 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 19 Oahu
- 20 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 21 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 22 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 23 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 24 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 25 Dressing up for theatre in new york