My daughter is working to put together a vacation to include myself, my 80 year old mother, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old granddaughter. We will be traveling from Nebraska and New York. My mother has double knee replacements and can not do a lot of walking. We think we would like to rent a home to accommodate us all. That way we can cook if we like, take day trips, or just relax and enjoy each others company. We are planning a week in late May, just before Memorial day week. Mom is susceptible to cold so we have to keep that in mind. We would like to show her some of the US that she hasn't experienced. It would be great if we could find somewhere that has natural attractions, historic town atmosphere, great restaurants, and maybe a bit of shopping. Mom is not much on museums or large crowds. We are not opposed to being on the beach, but it can't be the main event. Mom has lived in NE her entire life, she has been to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, New York, California, Yuma, AZ, and has driven from NE to NY & from NE to CA visiting along the way. As a child my parents took us to Yellowstone, Pikes Peak and Mount Rushmore, but my children have not been there. We are looking for ideas of great places that could satisfy the desires of 4 generations. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
4 Generations Hoping for Relaxing Vacation in Late May
- 1 Savannah restaurants
- 2 Boston and surrounding area
- 3 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 4 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 5 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 6 Albuquerque to Denver
- 7 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 8 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 9 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 10 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 11 Middlebury vt quickie
- 12 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 13 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 14 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 15 American Airlines reservation question
- 16 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 17 Car trip from Seattle
- 18 Alaska Camping/Backpacking
- 19 Newport, RI Questions
- 20 Arizona - Sedona, Grand Canyon, MV and Canyon DeChelley
- 21 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 22 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 23 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 24 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 25 time for a new countdown to Hawaii