My daughter is working to put together a vacation to include myself, my 80 year old mother, sister, daughter, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old granddaughter. We will be traveling from Nebraska and New York. My mother has double knee replacements and can not do a lot of walking. We think we would like to rent a home to accommodate us all. That way we can cook if we like, take day trips, or just relax and enjoy each others company. We are planning a week in late May, just before Memorial day week. Mom is susceptible to cold so we have to keep that in mind. We would like to show her some of the US that she hasn't experienced. It would be great if we could find somewhere that has natural attractions, historic town atmosphere, great restaurants, and maybe a bit of shopping. Mom is not much on museums or large crowds. We are not opposed to being on the beach, but it can't be the main event. Mom has lived in NE her entire life, she has been to Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, New York, California, Yuma, AZ, and has driven from NE to NY & from NE to CA visiting along the way. As a child my parents took us to Yellowstone, Pikes Peak and Mount Rushmore, but my children have not been there. We are looking for ideas of great places that could satisfy the desires of 4 generations. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
4 Generations Hoping for Relaxing Vacation in Late May
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 5 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 6 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 Apartment Rentals DC
- 10 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 11 Zion to Albuquerque
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 15 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 16 Round trip from Chicago
- 17 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 18 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 19 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Quick Trip to NYC
- 25 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas