I am planning my honeymoon for the middle of June and I though Alaska would be a great way to spend it. We plan to arrive in Anchorage on a Tuesaday and leave on a Saturday, visiting Anchorage, Denali, and Fairbanks. Is this too much to do in four days? After we land we are wanting to rent a car and drive towards Denali National Park, sight-seeing at different locations along the way. We figure sunset isn't tell 11 something at night so we intend to use the whole day. On Wednesday we were thinking of seeing the husky homestead and then exploring the area around our hotel. Then either Thursday or Friday we wanted to take the Katishna Wilderness Trails Tour and the other day we would use for a daytrip to Fairbanks. We would take off from our hotel early Saturday and head back to Anchorage where we would finally explore there and see the market place before our flight leaves that night. Is this too much to do in four days? What are some sights that we should make sure we see and what should we skip?
4 Days in Alaska
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 18 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 19 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 25 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations