We're planning a four day/three night trip with our five year old daughter for the end of August. We're thinking of heading north to escape the hot hot weather. We're from the NYC area but live in South Jersey now. We don't necessarily need beaches because we live at the Jersey Shore. We've done Baltimore, Philly, NYC with her. I have this image of a lake where we could hang out in a small town and go out in a little boat... something kind of idyllic, may or may not be touristy. Of course these are not necessary, just what I have in my head. We can drive or take the train, but I don't want to fly unless the tickets are inexpensive. What kind of advice can you give us?
4 day Northeast trip with 5 year old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 2 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 22 Maui vacation
- 23 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 24 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 25 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help