We're planning a four day/three night trip with our five year old daughter for the end of August. We're thinking of heading north to escape the hot hot weather. We're from the NYC area but live in South Jersey now. We don't necessarily need beaches because we live at the Jersey Shore. We've done Baltimore, Philly, NYC with her. I have this image of a lake where we could hang out in a small town and go out in a little boat... something kind of idyllic, may or may not be touristy. Of course these are not necessary, just what I have in my head. We can drive or take the train, but I don't want to fly unless the tickets are inexpensive. What kind of advice can you give us?
4 day Northeast trip with 5 year old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 2 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 5 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 6 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 7 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 Denver in a half day
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 16 Oahu ideas
- 17 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 18 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Best places to move to Florida?
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 22 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 23 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 24 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 25 Key Largo, FL