We're planning a four day/three night trip with our five year old daughter for the end of August. We're thinking of heading north to escape the hot hot weather. We're from the NYC area but live in South Jersey now. We don't necessarily need beaches because we live at the Jersey Shore. We've done Baltimore, Philly, NYC with her. I have this image of a lake where we could hang out in a small town and go out in a little boat... something kind of idyllic, may or may not be touristy. Of course these are not necessary, just what I have in my head. We can drive or take the train, but I don't want to fly unless the tickets are inexpensive. What kind of advice can you give us?
4 day Northeast trip with 5 year old
View all United States activity »
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 3 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 8 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 9 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 12 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Where should I move to?
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 Fripp island
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 25 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.