We would like to take a week to celebrate this milestone. The anniversary is actually in September, but since I'm a teacher, we would like to go late July or early August. We will be flying from Logan, and would really like to go to the Carribean, but naturally, we are concerned about hurricane season. Newport, RI would be lovely, but it is too close, and too expensive in the summer for what we can easily get off-season! We've always wanted to go to Charleston, SC, but I think August would be dreadfully hot and humid. The Florida Keys appeal to us (especially Little Palm Island!), but we would still have the hurrican threat. Would Sonoma be too hot and crowded in August? Is Niagra-on-the-Lake worth the long drive from Boston - and special enough for a 30th anniversary? . Any advice, comments, and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
30th Anniversary in August - Where to go? Ideas, please!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 2 Moving out of states from Florida
- 3 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 6 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 7 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 8 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 9 Romantic destination in the US
- 10 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 11 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 12 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 13 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 14 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 15 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 16 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 17 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 18 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 19 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 20 family road trip
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston