We would like to take a week to celebrate this milestone. The anniversary is actually in September, but since I'm a teacher, we would like to go late July or early August. We will be flying from Logan, and would really like to go to the Carribean, but naturally, we are concerned about hurricane season. Newport, RI would be lovely, but it is too close, and too expensive in the summer for what we can easily get off-season! We've always wanted to go to Charleston, SC, but I think August would be dreadfully hot and humid. The Florida Keys appeal to us (especially Little Palm Island!), but we would still have the hurrican threat. Would Sonoma be too hot and crowded in August? Is Niagra-on-the-Lake worth the long drive from Boston - and special enough for a 30th anniversary? . Any advice, comments, and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
30th Anniversary in August - Where to go? Ideas, please!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 5 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 6 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 9 Brooklyn why?
- 10 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 11 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 12 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 Kennedy Space Center
- 15 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 16 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 20 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 21 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014